Wednesday, December 10, 2008

How Weird - IRL Meets Blog

Help me out my Interpeeps. Do you ever have one of those weird moments where your blogging life crashes into your real life? Please tell me this isn’t just me.

This started off as documentation of a train wreck and/or therapy. Vote is still out on that one. When suddenly people I know and see on a regular basis reads my train wreck/therapy and then has conversations about it.

In front of me. Freaky!

I'm pretty much the same on my blog as I am in real life. I don't know who reads this and who doesn't and anytime I start talking about blogging I usually get a weird look. Oh wait, I always get that look. But you can see the huh? going through their eyes. So I try to keep it on the down low.

Thankfully no one has said, ‘suddenly it all makes sense now’. Nor has anyone staged an intervention. Which is good as that means I still scare people. There have been a few comments that I am way too long winded and I don’t know how to punctuate.

Duh

Moving on.

I may have to enforce if you don’t comment on the blog you cannot talk about the blog rule but I have a feeling there are a few that would break this just because they can.

This made me wonder if this is how Clark Kent feels on Smallville. That blue and red blur that just happened? Don’t know what you’re talking about.

I’m all for positive feedback. I love to make people laugh. I’m starting to think this is my crack. Comments are also starting to rank right up there. On the days where there are only 2 comments (and one is usually me) I have to pull myself off the floor and say it’s okay you’ll get a funny post sometime this week. And if nothing else tomorrow can be joke day.

It has come to my attention that some people feel I don’t talk about mah Hubs enough and are speculating if we are fighting. His response was he’s so awesome that there isn’t much to tell. That and he doesn’t want me to have to fight off the ladies from exposure to his awesomeness.

Truly a legend in his own mind.

I have no problem tormenting my children that I will blog their every move just to see if it’s another tool in the don’t-make-me-get-off-my-butt-and-put-you-in-your-place bag. Since teendom is here those tools are dwindling faster than a pantry full of food.

But with Hubby that is a whole different story. I have to live with him. He’s a private guy. When he wrote me that poem for my birthday I cleared it with him before I posted it because I know how he is and I respect him.

I know when I can mess with his head and when to stop. I know I could totally air all of his junk right here and now and while he would be mad at me, after the rubble settled he would still forgive me and life would keep moving on without a hitch.

When you have that – you save that for when you really screw up. It also helps I’m awesome in bed.

Hold on, I have to take a moment to savor the fact that there are a few people that just screamed "my eyes, my eyes" as that burned a hole in their head. Something tells me Sunday at church is going to be interesting.

I had no idea there was an interest in what the Hubs had to say in this documentation of my train wreck/therapy sessions. I thought if I left him out it would protect the innocent. I'll let you draw your own conclusions as to who that would be.

I guess this means I'll have to throw him in the mix now. Of course, I’m totally going to twist it from my point of view but that little fact hardly matters, now does it?

And before I forget...

To: My brother from another mother
Thank you! (as in a sincere thank you verses the snide thanks I normally give you.)
From: Your sister from another mister.


Now I’ll let him try to figure it out. I’m almost giddy with the thought of his brain cramping at a sincere thank you. Or his brain will cramp as he has no idea what the heck I’m talking about. Which means I’ll get a phone call asking me to clarify. But he’ll so steal my thunder and say his wife made him be nice to me. Jerk.

I will now return to my regular blogging nothingness.

17 comments:

bermudabluez said...

Personally, I think you are hilarious! And I try to keep my blogging on the down low too. I simply don't talk about my family much....I mean like husband, brothers / sisters. And my husband doesn't GET the whole blogging thing. He thinks it's stupid. I agree with you...it's my crack!

Joanna said...

A fellow night owl! :)

Aww thanks!

Hubs knows I'm a nut and he reads everything I put. It's not something he would do but he's glad for me.

The Blonde Duck said...

It's a blog, not a pyschologist's office. I can't believe they said that. Just because you don't talk about your husband much doesn't mean you don't like him!

RhoDelta said...

Oddly enough, my Hubby talks to people about my blog and my random acts of greatness through my posts.

I agree.. No talk unless you comment.
Have a Vonderful DAY!

Anonymous said...

I comment sometimes. So there. But I don't talk about your blog either. For the most part, I don't know many people who even know what "blogs" are. But I do talk to my husband about random posts sometimes. So, he's learning. The blogs I read, I feel like the authors are my "friends". By the way, I know you are not wearing heels decorating your house. Come on, girl. :):):) Margie

Jill V. said...

OK! I AM BUSTED! Just kiddin'.....as least I don't think it was me, was it? hmmmmm. You are HILARIOUS! The 'awesome in bed' comment....I have the same problem. WHAT? To much info? blahahahahaha......

Fuschia said...

RedDaddy has asked me specifically to NOT blog much about him or personal stuff...how does one not blog about personal stuff? He doesn't get the whole blogging thing...oh well. I, too, just make it up to him with my mad skillz ;)

YOU are MY crack!!

Joanna said...

Margie - I'm in slippers most of the time but I can't pick out shoes for my girl. What is up with that??? :)

Jill - pure awesomeness! :)

Fuschia - k, you totally made my day. I'm crack! hee hee :)

Julie said...

My blog has gotten me into trouble with Joe once... We had been talking about moving to another city (never did), and since he was talking to his friends about it, I didn't think anything about blogging about it... But then his sister read about it on my blog, and they called Joe about it... HE WAS SO MAD....

Wicked fight followed. *sigh*

Good thing that was years ago, and Joe probably doesn't even remember. *lol*

Holly said...

I love your blog...therapy or not...you are great!!

AFF said...

The best kind of crack. And, I have had a hard time adjusting when my friends discuss my sex posts - cause, you know, it's one thing to tell the internets & another in person.

Brooke said...

Love the post. You are the same in person as on your blog. I'm with you on the talking about your blog. YOu have to post to be able to talk about it. And then there is something that just should be left on the blog and not talked about in a public setting. Hy, there are my 2 cents take it or leave it.

Doré said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and letting me know I'm not alone in my incident from Sunday! I cracked up reading what happened to you. That's some funny stuff!
As far as the IRL goes... I can only hope people IRL don't read this or I will never hear the end of it... shitting myself that is!

Kaye Butler said...

Just last week an old friend walked up to me and said...Your freakin blog cracks me up! I read it every day.

Is my life that pitifully funny?

tommie said...

things like this ALWAYS make me wonder who reads my blog!

Kellan said...

You know I think you are hysterical - you always make me laugh! I don't know many bloggers that talk that much about their husbands - I do, but not too often.

See you soon - Kellan

jubilee said...

The only person who ever comments IRL about my blog is my FIL. And it takes me completely by surprise every time. I know other friends and family read, but they never say so,so I can just ignore it.

Think FIL is trying to chalk up brownie points? Not that he needs to, just sayin.