Monday, December 15, 2008

Life - Naughty Little Bugger

I was reading a devotional this morning and it had the snippet where Jesus came to give us life more abundantly. This, of course, got me right into prayer mode of okay, Lord than what is up with this junk we got going on?

Oh Life, how you are not cooperating right now.

Continuing on with our many adventures of the DeVils, I had yet again another wacky and zany encounter with them. First, they had called and wanted to run the money out for the dentist and I said send a check. Silly me. I should have known this would have been a problem.

Check arrived - with a little extra. Went to bank to cash it as I was going to pay off dentist and use the extra cash to actually Christmas shop. Again, silly me. Bank refused their check as they didn't like how my folks signed it.

But, of course, they didn't as the DeVil's can't do anything like a normal person.

It looked like :Consumer-Transaction: :Howard-The: Coward: No cursive just printing and no that isn't his real name. (All names have been changed to protect the guilty). The gal was so apologetic but I said I wouldn't cash it either as my folks are stupid.

It's like they have two speeds stupid and re-stupid.

So I had to call my folks and inform them that the bank said they are retards and won't cash their check. Hubby had a short day and we were to do our shopping but now no cash. Ba humbug to you too. We had to met them at a half way point to get the cash and hand them back their crappy check.

I was sitting there waiting for them, as they can never be on time, trying not to seethe. If my Dad wasn't an idiot and busted up J's tooth I wouldn't have had to take him to get it fixed. I wouldn't have wasted a trip to the bank and now to sit and wait on them.

Good times.

Once they showed up they wanted us to climb in their car and give us an update. Like how they came a nano-second of getting tossed back in prison. No warning, just hey they almost tossed our butts back in the can (so we could screw you over for yet another holiday and leave you high and dry again). Not that I'm bitter or anything.

They have this amazing ability to make my insides seize up. I think it's a gift. Hopefully, it will stop giving.

We made very small talk, took the cash and hightailed it out of there. On with the shopping. Which was another sad little tale all on its own.

Hubby did a job for a guy that works with them. It wasn't his job and I guess it was a friend of a friend type thing. Yeah, they still haven't paid them for this job that took place back in the fall. Again, it wasn't Hubby's job so he couldn't put a lien on the house or do anything. This friend strung his friend long enough for the time to run out. Then he announced he's not going to pay it.

Plaster isn't something you can go rip back off the walls and salvage. So this has seriously left us gimping along as we didn't have $500 to just give away and completely emptied our savings account. Living on the edge must be the theme we have going on right now.

Just leaves things so joyous for the holidays.

There are times I struggle a lot with feeling abandoned by God. Trust - what is that? I want so desperately to trust Him but I find myself freezing up and not following through. I trust You God but... I've heard many a preacher say get your big but out of the way.

It's hard to keep the faith at times. The cares of this world seem to get louder and louder and God's voice gets softer and softer. It seems there is one thing after another to get me to lose focus. Then sometimes in all the unexpected yuck something nice happens - friends give us some eggs and deer meat, and our neighbor gave us a gift card.

Believe me anything to help with feeding this crew ranks right up there with gold.

I asked God why is it sometimes He just spoon feeds us - just that enough for the moment. He replied that's all I'll received sometimes and other times it's to get me to keep reaching out to Him.

Hubby didn't work today and I asked him if we could just take a break from everything and just breath. We both laughed because life just doesn't work that way. Things to do, things to get done - time to make the doughnuts.

He para quoted 2 Cor. 4:8 "When I am pressed on every side by troubles, I am not crushed and broken. When I am perplexed because I don't know why things happen as they do, I don't give up and quit."

Sometimes he's really obnoxious like that. I'm whining like a brat and he quotes me scripture. Way to take the high road. Jerk. But he is really good for me. I can list several times where I would have gone under if it wasn't for my Hubs to pull me back up. I know he can say the same about me.

I guess today was his shift.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes He does spoon feed us so that we will continue to reach for Him. Otherwise, we might get to the point where we think we can live this life on our own. And simply put, we can't. Margie

Debbie said...

Time to breath? Wouldn't that be a great gift to get or give?

Kerri said...

Kind of like the Israelites and manna eh? Some wanted to keep it overnight because they weren't SURE God would give them more the next day, but it just turned to rot.

I think Margie's right...If he gives too much at once we just get all spoiled and run off without Him.

I'm in the pit with ya today girl. Crappy weather. Stuck in the house. Not going to the Christmas party. I'm not sure I always get the "abundant life" verse either, but I do have to be thankful for my wonderful husband, beautiful son, and friends like you!!

Jeanne said...

Sorry things are so tough for you right now. My husband is also prone to pulling out the right scripture verse when I most need it but least want it.

What I do sometimes when I'm in that mode is to thank about the people who lived in Europe during WWII and had to send their children away, or do without food, or make do with cardboard to replace the soles of their shoes. And remind myself that I'm in the richest one percent of the people who have ever lived on this planet.

Of course, sometimes I just have to say, "Oh, shut up!" to myself, too!

The Blonde Duck said...

I hope you feel better!

Anna K. said...

Gotta love a man who quotes scripture to help you along...as long as it's done lovingly and not with a big snarky 'tude!

Do they make gift certificates for time away from annoying (and possibly dense) relatives? Bet those would sell out in a hurry!

Kaye Butler said...

Spoon feeding us makes us stronger.

Its like with teenagers...spoon feed them and they won't get spoiled.

Well, okay, the was a stupid statement, the teenagers sucked my brains out slowly through my ears and nose with a coffee swizzle stick so the pain would last longer.

Help.

Leigh said...

Oh, I just quoted John 10:10 on my blog tonight. I think of the verse in terms of the life HE gives is far greater than anything this life offers.

Was my bro a cheerleader back in the day??? :D

Kellan said...

YES - he sounds like a pretty good husband! Stupid and re-stupid - ACK! Stop making me laugh in the middle of your whining - I try to keep a straight face and then there you go! I hope tomorrow is better and you get a chance to breathe!!

Take care - Kellan

Julie said...

I'm glad you have such a great hubby, who can help you through these times!!! (Joe couldn't quote scripture if you paid him)

Holly said...

Sorry things are so rough right now.

I love how your husband paraphrased that scripture...it is priceless and so much easier to understand!! Thanks so much for sharing!

Joanna said...

Y'all are so sweet!

jubilee said...

Funny how husbands ans wives seem to take turns. More than once I 've said to The Calm One, "Wait, we both can't be mad. One of us has to be sane in this situation!" Usually he's the sane one.

I love the "stupid and re-stupid" line!