Friday, January 23, 2009

Boys Say The Weirdest Things Some Times

The boys cracked me up the other day. N and J were emptying out the dishwasher while M was shlumping through his schoolwork. After they got it emptied, I loaded up the dishwasher and ran it.

A few hours later J had asked for a snack, which is all I ever hear. He looked in the cupboard for a bowl but didn't find what he was looking for so he opened up the dishwasher and said, "Whoa! Where did those come from?"

I asked what did he mean and he said, "We just emptied it out so where did all those dishes come from? Are they clean too?"

We may have to call him Jethro as he's not use to them fancy washing things that cleans the dishes when everyone knows the dogs can do a better job.

"Are you serious?" I had to ask.

"They are clean, aren't they?"

"Yeah."

I bet if I didn't force him to put his own clothes away he would believe in the laundry fairy too.

Then if that weren't enough, N kept bugging me for a Dove chocolate. The chocolate their Dad made sure to get me - that chocolate. He has been relentless. I started laughing because he must not have learned the lesson of don't mess with a woman and her chocolate.

I think I just heard a chorus of amens out there.

He didn't get it the first 5 times so I decided to get in his face and clue him in on how this works. I told him he is not my equal therefore does not get the same privileges as me. Second, I don't bug him when he gets his own candy nor did I ask for any of his Christmas stocking candy. What's mine is not his, this isn't a democracy it's a dictatorship and will only be severed when he's a legal adult.

Too bad I don't recognize 18 as the legal age for adulthood, but that's neither here nor there.

I told Hubs he failed to teach his son to back off momma's chocolate. And people wonder why I hide chocolate in the tampon box. Trouble is I've joked about it too much that now I have to hide the tampon box. It's not like I can use them or anything so I figured it should be a safe spot.

I was suppose to send this recipe off in an email and I sort of forgot. I decided it would make a great post. I was thinking the title could be Cheap Meals Cuz We're Broke.

NACHO POTATO SOUP

1 box Au Gratin Potatoes
1 can corn; drained
1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies; drained
2 cups water
2 cups milk
2 cups Velveeta; cubed

In saucepan, mix potatoes, cheese mix, water, corn, and tomatoes and boil. Simmer for 15-18 minutes until potatoes are tender. Add milk and cheese cubes. Cook and stir until cheese is melted. Serve it up with crushed tortilla chips on top.

Cheap, easy, quick - my favorite thing!

Wait, that sort of reminds me of mah Hubs. How interesting.

13 comments:

Julie said...

*lol* ... If I hid a treat in a tampon box, there is NO WAY my hubby would go anywhere near it. *lol*

rthling said...

Dove chocolate...
{{spoken in reverent tone}}

Debbie said...

You nailed this humor in this post! And what nerve of your son thinking he could get into your chocolate stash. Youth today!

jubilee said...

My kids think that what is mine is theirs and what is theirs is only theirs. I have no idea where they got that from. Although, now that I think about it, I AM pretty territorial about my treats and food in general. Maybe if I'd shared more I'd be thirty pounds lighter.

That's why I like clicking over to y our blog. I get things figured out.

Joanna said...

Julie - you're welcome.

Diane - Amen!

Debbie - I tried beating it out of him but he's is so resilient. :)

Jubes - Does this mean I'm the what not to do of parenthood? Cwap! :)

Sarah said...

LOL! I don't have to worry about that particular thing at my house...my hubby doesn't eat chocolate.

Yes, you heard that right.

His exception to that hard and fast rule is Reeces Pieces/Cups. And that's just because they're more peanut butter than chocolate.

But my daughter - I think I'll have to hide the chocolate when she's able to open the pantry door. :)

Enjoy your chocolate! The recipe sounds tasty, too!

Edwina at The Picket Fence said...

Again, tooooo funny. And no one had better go near my dove candy either.

Anna Lefler said...

Yum - that soup sounds great! And, yes, the chocolate must be respected at all times...

Happy weekend...

:^) Anna

Roxanne Kristina said...

Your house sounds like my house! BOYS! Love them!

R

bernthis said...

I hide my sweet EVERYTHING. Chocolate is my number one, two, three through nine but then there is cake....

Michele said...

The laundry fairy? Ha! I just finished writing a post about her.
I will post it soon! :-)

Thank you for visiting my little blog on my big, bloggy day! :-)

Rachel Ann said...

Thanks for stopping by on my SITS day last week...I feel so loved and overwhelmed with all the comments! Sorry it's taken me so long to respond back!

LOL...your post made me laugh...did your child finally understand about Mom and her chocolate?

The Blonde Duck said...

I love this meal! It sounds great!

My husband's friend in college once had some girl we didn't know come over while he was hanging out with us. She was having some drama with another boy and he liked her, so he was listening to her on the porch.

Now, at this time, I'd buy my husband Hershey bars as a little treat. There was an unopened bar on the counter.

This person we didn't know sent our friend out to get the chocolate bar so she could have it because she was having a bad day.

You should have heard the vile words that dripped from my mouth!