Sunday, January 4, 2009

Staying Alive, Staying Alive

I wonder if that's the Bee Gees? Hubby HATES the Bee Gees. When you think about it, who really liked them anyway? SNL did a skit about them and it's hilarious.

But I digress, as I so often do.

The mighty prayer warriors kept Cruella at bay. I know there is a collective grown of disappointment from the masses that wanted to see bloodshed. While I'll pretend not to be disturbed by that reaction, I thought I would give you a thought for the day. It's called evidence. I've seen enough Law and Order, not to mention up close and personal experience, that you really don't want to have evidence showing that it was really you that body slammed your Mom and/or had her in a headlock NOT the MIL.

Words to live by.

You're welcome.

It's either a gift or some weird disease. What can I say? I've been confusing the audience since 1974.

I'm in a bit of a dilemma. Normally we take all the Christmas stuff down right after New Years. With the In-laws here that didn't happen. I'm now trying not to panic. I told Hubby that it all has to be down and the house back in order pronto. Say what you want, but I don't want to look at a Christmas tree on my birthday.

My brain still hasn't fully come back. It's been sending me brain-mail which is just enough to function but not enough to get things done. Like getting back into the swing of things and starting school stuff. I told the boys I want one day to sit down and scrapbook. I don't remember the last time I did it. Hubby said after we get the place all back in order I can trash the den by putting up a table so I can have all my junk out and not have to put it away so I can work on it for a while.

I knew I kept him around for a reason.

So after the boys were informed of another day on break they sang my praises. Then proceeded to bug the snot out of me about who's turn it was on the Wii. Right now that's a sore spot. One because they won't let me play on it and two because M bought a game I didn't think he should and now half way through it they are sort of creeped out by it.

Do tell.

Did they listen to me? No. Did their Dad back me up? No. Was I told I was being over protective and need to lighten up? Yes. Was there much eye-rolling and finger pointing? Who told?! I mean, yes.

We did get my FIL to play bowling and holy smokes that was hilarious. There was some seething going on and for whatever reason I found it funny. The man was a bit peeved that even J stomped him good but once he got the hang of it he came back with a vengeance. His delight was worth the price of admission to this freak show.

My MIL and I went girl shopping. The anointing was strong but sadly their wasn't much to be had. Am I the only one that feels like the whole after Christmas sales was a rip-off? Could not believe that all the valentine crap was out.

I hope y'all had a good holiday season. Personally, I feel like just flopping into bed and not crawling out for a few days.

16 comments:

bermudabluez said...

I am with you. I could literally sleep for an entire week. With no interruptions. I am exhausted. I did, however, get a really good after Christmas deal at CJBanks. 70% off!! I bought three jackets, a hooded sweatshirt and a denim vest for less than $100. I was thrilled!! And now I better go get some sleep!! Thanks for stopping by and hope you get some rest too...

Anonymous said...

Didn't go shopping so couldn't tell you if it was a rip off or not. Don't panic over your decorations not being put up yet, I didn't do mine until New Year's day. And I only had a 4' tree and a few things setting around. We had a ball with the baby this weekend. She was so wired and tired, she was just stumbling around yesterday afternoon. But sleep, oh, no, she had to "pway" (play). She got up Saturday morning and said "I wan to pway agin." But it was fun. Margie

Kerri said...

Hey woman! So glad to see you survived!!! I'm trying to picture your FIL playing Wii...it IS funny. I'm glad you guys all had a good time.

Doug wanted to put the tree away but I told him I WANTED it up for my birthday...I love the lights. Jacob's getting sick of it though, because he's starting to pick at it.

So...when are we going shopping?? Saturday??

Edwina at The Picket Fence said...

Glad to see you are back from the holiday madness. I told my sis yesterday that I thought we should keep the tree up all year long and then we could decorate it for every holiday. But that would mean that I would need to rush to the store and buy Valentine's decorations. I think there are actually people who do this, but I have decided to pack the old tree away for another year.

Julie said...

I wish we could afford to get a Wii and a Wii Fit... Plus, I like the idea of a video game that requires movement and activity. *lol*

Joanna said...

Kerri we're suppose to get dumped on with snow BUT we shall overcome. What time?

anglophilefootballfanatic.com said...

I'm right there! It was LONG and I'm so so glad the boys are back in work/school where they belong. And, I happen to like the Bee Gees.

Jeanne said...

I like the BeeGees, but pre-disco (1941 Mining Disaster). Glad to hear you're taking a day for yourself!

Kaye Butler said...

I didn't get to go shopping because the funeral home was FORTHELOVEOFPEANUTBUTTER busy. We still are.

Also, I hate that I'm older than you.

When is the birthday?

I live with the ROLLING EYE, POINTING FINGER, HANDS ON HIPS QUEEN. She can give you some pointers.

jubilee said...

Yes, do tell us when the big day is!

And you are right, not many deals going on after Christmas and I was disappointed about that. Of course, I rarely brave the day-after crowds. Or the day-after the day-after crowds. Come to think of it, I didn't get out to a store until a week after Christmas.

I had our tree down before New Year's Eve. It was the only thing in our living room that I knew where it should go. Too many boxes to unpack from the move!

Joanna said...

Kaye - you're a nut! We're only a few months apart.

Anna Lefler said...

Hiding in the bed sounds REALLY great...

I vote yes for that one.

:^) Anna

Shellie said...

I'm so sleepy too. Shouldn't we be able to hibernate our way through January? Love your words to live by, I will keep that in mind.

B said...

Still laughing about the slippers.

Kerri said...

Hello again dahling...we can play it by ear, like we always do! : ) We'll just have to see what this Michigan weather will do. We can always do a McTalking day, and go shopping next week! : )

Debbie said...

I gotta confess that I did like the Bee Gees. But the SNL skit is great too.