Thursday, January 8, 2009

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise

That title only works if you say it Gomer Pile style. Just thought I would give you that helpful tip. And if you have no clue who that is just nod your head and pretend.

I got an email that my blog received a 7.2 rating on Blogged.com. This is both good and bad simply because of what it did to my brain - the crazy one that has been known to leave me high and dry.

The normal me totally freaked out cuz I didn't know I was going to be graded. If I had only known I could have come up with something better to blog about than smelly slippers and a crazy mother. At least I would like to think so until the crazy brain fell on the floor laughing hysterically because that was as good as it was going to get around here.

Once that panic of a surprised test went away the diva decided to show up. I clicked on where I was suppose to go and scrolled away. And kept going and going and going and going. By the time I hit the hundredth page I was no longer feeling very blog worthy.

As I kept scrolling I started to wonder what was it that made me lose a higher status. I bet it's the grammar. I don't use the right word. Like breathe - I put breath. Spell check doesn't get those because it's spelled right. Dagnabbit!

And I tend to ramble and not make a point but it couldn't have been THAT, right? *Clears throat* Moving on...

After 200+ pages I found my blog. First, I snorted because it had last years blog design and diva brain was going off. I, um, even took a picture of it. Got the number and everything but after suffering from severe mockery from Hubs I won't be posting it.

But I can tell you that I have proof that my therapy gone blog was number 4,776 out of over 18,000 blogs. And that is pretty impressive. There goes my underachiever status. I even got a very good. It was a nice surprise. And a total shock.

I don't think I'm that good but hey if I snowed another person I can live with it. I won't even let it go to my head. Amazing what a serving of humble pie will do to your outlook especially when the guys are ready to give me another helping or three.

In other news, as if I had any, all the Christmas stuff is down, packed, and in the basement. Then I cleaned like a woman on a mission like getting rid of stench of Pepe. I then pulled the ultimate wife move of honey could you help me move this around? I was pulling everything out and packing stuff up so since I was cleaning I thought it would be a good time to move the furniture around.

Hubby hates it when I do this. My Mom changed the furniture every few weeks so I'm trying to find a balance. So far it's looking like we have a new look every other year. Maybe that's why I'm always changing the look of my blog and my avatar?

I got to thinking about that. All my aunts moved the furniture around like crazy. It truly is a miracle that I even have toes on my feet. I am missing the toenail off of one cuz it had an unfortunate accident with an end table. After I rolled around in pain convinced I was hosing the place down with blood, my Mom put that red stuff on it that sent you screaming like you were on fire. Probably because you were.

She would blow on it and tell me to get over it and if I would have watched where I was going this wouldn't have happened. Oh man! I think I said the same thing yesterday to one of my kids! Oh the agony! Do they make a pill to make that go away?? At least I didn't dip him in the antiseptic stuff that eats your skin off so I at least scored one point in the good mom category.

But I have two rooms that are really clean right now. Wonder how long that's going to last? Thankfully all the Christmas stuff is done. On with the new year!

11 comments:

rthling said...

Funny, I didn't even read all the way through the title before I started reading it in GP's voice.
Congrats on your underwhelming fame!
I'm sure you snowed me.

jubilee said...

Onward and upward, right?!

Sarah said...

She would blow on it and tell me to get over it and if I would have watched where I was going this wouldn't have happened.

My mom would say the same thing about the red stuff!

Julie said...

I think would be afraid to know what my blog is rated... *lol*

Anonymous said...

I am constantly telling my granddaughter to "Watch where you are going!!" :) Margie

Anna K. said...

How did you find your blog's rating?

Congrats on the better than average rating and the 2 clean rooms! Keep up the good work!

Debbie said...

There are people out there who don't know Gomer? How is this possible. And what in the world is that thing that ranked your blog? Sounds like too much pressure to me.

Leigh@intentslife said...

You little overachiever! :)

Dianne said...

Apparently 1(800)blubberbunsbgone really works because that is the ONLY spot on my body that is totally flat and blubber free. Do you know the # for gutbgone?

Kaye Butler said...

I'm gonna rate your blog~~~you are not going to go all commercial on us are ya? You know, blogging about politics and junk in a formal professional way.

Stay with us, keep us laughing, some of us NEEEED a laugh every now and then...

Joanna said...

Anna they emailed me. I didn't even know I was getting checked out. Makes me wish I had on clean underwear. hee hee

Dianne - I NEED the gutbgone so if you find it hook me up.

Kaye - What's professional? That would be a big N-O. This is therapy gone blog so as long as I have mah issues we're good to go.