Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Aww Shucks

Y'all seemed to have panicked at the thought of me pulling the plug. Aww shucks, I didn't know you cared. Kidding! Rest assured Hubs still has that ruler and I'm pretty sure he would follow through with his threat.

Hubby and I were discussing the whole blawg thang. While I'm not going to pull the plug - now, I'm a bit concerned we may have to pull the plug on our Internet access. We're looking at what bills we may have to down size - as in not pay. It's not looking pretty. Hubs told me not to panic because everything is going to be okay.

Okay.

I won't mentioned how we were barely making it and were already in trouble on a full paycheck and now it totally sucks but it's going to be okay.

Crickets chirping in back ground.

Yes sirree bob. All going to be, um, okay.

Bites fingers to stop nervous wringing of hands.

Whatever.

We played some dominoes with the guys tonight before The Closer started. I'm starting to think M has wrapped all his emotions in a case of steel - much like his dad. N was right after Hubby who kept slaughtering his train. This made N mad and he wanted revenge but since he plays after Hubs, he just settled for his brothers instead. While J was in tears, M said why would he care about a game but managed to give his brother the nostril flair of doom.

J did have an in your face moment. This started a challenge between the four of them - all while I tried not to pass out from the testosterone over dose.

Although I hope N sleeps with one eye open. Just saying. I could see someone bopping him in the head with a pillow in the middle of the night.

I think we played tonight because they were having a fit how much Hubs and I were playing Wii pool. We've been having a lot of fun with it. Hubby has his shot all planned out and usually makes it while I just serve up slop and make it most of the time. He started calling me Sloppy Jo. I was having the goofiest shots. Cue ball would double kiss a ball into the pocket which we all know I can't plan anything let alone a cool shot like that.

Needless to say, it's so not reality.

But I'm okay with it not being reality. Takes my mind off of other things. Like the stupid laundry. So glad to have a washing machine. I'm a huge fan of clean clothes. Just not a fan of folding the clothes let alone putting it away.

I'm short on hangers and have a tiny closet so shouldn't I just live out of the baskets instead? Hubs said no. Next I suppose he expects me to put away the dishes. My theory is they will stay clean if they hide in the dishwasher thus cutting down on the need to do them in the first place.

Yeah, that didn't fly either.

Hubs was having way too much fun singing the Sloppy Jo song and by the third time of his version, I was ready to bust his bubble. Rather than face the kitchen I decided to wade through the mountain of paper work that I've been successfully ignoring for quite some time now. The pile I was getting 'the look' over. You know that look. The look that says either you take care of it or I will. We know if he touches it, all will be lost and my delicate filing system would be ruined.

Which would make filing our taxes a bit interesting.

Him: "Honey where is such and such?"
Me: "Oh that? That was under that pile somewhere in the basket that was suppose to contain all that stuff."
Him: "So where is it?"
Me: "Well it was there but then you had to go and mess up my system."

Muttering would be heard from across the land.

The sad part was I did find a few things we needed that I thought we were waiting on. Oopsies.

10 comments:

Lilly's Life said...

Oh glad you are keeping your blog alive. Listen your bloggy mates will support you through thick and thin so fingers crossed you still get to keep your internet. Things are tough its true but you have a fabulous sense of humor, just fabulous. Keep using it regardless. Loved this post and I hope N survived the night without a pillow shoved in his face lol!! Take Care.

Debbie said...

I hope you can keep your internet. It is such a lifeline for me. I can't imagine giving it up. I admire your spirit during this tough time!

grandmamargie said...

Oh, I so hope you get to keep your internet. But if not, check out your local library or somewhere to see if you can update from there. Explore all possibilities, please. Love and hugs.

Kerri said...

Girl, if you lose the net, you come over here and post. It may take 19 days, as opposed to 19 seconds on yours, but at least your following will not faint away!!

Love you

rthling said...

Glad you're not going away....
yet.

jubilee said...

I put off doing our taxes for as long as possible. Ugh and double ugh.

Glad to hear that you've decided to keep blogging. Let's hope that your internet stays connected one way or the other. Yesterday I was on for about two minutes and it was awful sitting through TCO playing Madden Football while I coulda been blogging/surfing/reading. Men.

Kaye Butler said...

You make dominos sound exciting. There's no way I'm plaing that with the math wizards that live with me. You know, 4 + 4 =33

Thanks for not pulling the plug, I would have had to come looking for you.

Couldn't you not pay the water bill and keep the internet? Who needs water?

Anna K. said...

That filing system sounds familiar somehow...

I'd miss you if you had to stop, but I know what it is to make sacrifices like that. You do whatcha gotta do.

Leigh@intentslife said...

Hang in there, girl!

Julie said...

Gosh, I would be LOST without my internet access... I would be visiting the library DAILY! *lol*