Friday, March 6, 2009

Oh The Pressure

The pressure to get past writer's block. The pressure to pull myself out of the gutter of life and make a joke - it ain't a happenin'.

My thoughts are so scattered I can't seem to nail down one train of thought to make it into a post. Throughout the day I'm thinking I can blog about that or this is rolling through my head and then when I sit in front of the computer....

Nothing.

There are aliens in my computer. And they are sucking all my good ideas right out of my head.

Then I sit here - for two hours - trying to remember even one tiny itty bitty bit and still nothing. Then I'm half asleep and then I put something out and then keep waking up worried I didn't say something right or had major errors.

There are times I re-read my older posts and I think I am an idiot. There are other times I think dang girlfriend has some mad skillz. About the time I get too cocky I suddenly notice all the little errors. I put apostrophes where they shouldn't be and I sometimes use the wrong words like mourning instead of morning. It's all spelled correctly just not used correctly.

Makes me feel oh so confident in my home school abilities.

Not to mention my fingers go way faster than what I can think. It's terrible!! I am forever typing teh instead of the. There is something about the word the that just throws me. Hubs said I sound like a machine gun when I type. He's just jealous. He loves to type in his painfully slow way until I twitch. Then I scream and shove him out of the way and said I would do it for him.

This is how the typed camping list came about. Stupid Jedi ninja mind tricks.

I've also noticed that what I think in my head doesn't always come out the right way in blogdom. I'll re-read my comments on other people's blogs and I start to wonder if I was smoking crack to think that sentence would work.

And since I'm not a fan of either smoking or crack that sort of confused me.

As time ticks on, I start to panic. Quick come up with something funny or semi funny or something worthy of a slight snort of amusement. Or come up with something I'm wrestling with no wait that's too depressing. What is God telling me recently? To stop freaking out. Crap! How can I write a blog post about not freaking out when here I sit - freaking out?? I guess lesson isn't learned so moving on...

I don't even drink coffee and this is what I come up with. And no I'm not medicated but with your donation I too can be in the land of happy and not remember my name.

I am kidding.

I asked Hubs if he thought I might have been diagnosed with some attention disorder. He said all women have attention disorder so not to freak out.

Does he not even KNOW me???

Yes, he's kidding too. Too many of you know where we live.

I was watching TV thinking I would come up with something to blog about when they had octomom and her latest crisis. She is one messed up chick through and through. Then the topic of plastic in baby bottles and the dangers of that.

This had me going down memory lane and I remember one time I got a bottle too hot and N cried and I was sort of frustrated and.... I started feeling guilty all over again. For something that doesn't mean a hill of beans now. He's not scarred. It doesn't slow him down on eating or anything.

So I slammed the lid down on that insanity and turned off the TV. Coincidence? I think not. Is it just me or has there been nothing but bad news constantly? I have heard the gloom and doom from my Mom for years. I'm pretty tired of it.

So rather than gloom and doom, why don't we pray about it? What say you? What is bothering you right now? What are you battling that you need some extra prayers right now?

Could you please pray for these people? They are trying to adopt a girl and have just been getting slammed with stuff left and right. The girl is no longer available and they are just battling it. When I get overwhelmed I just want to give up. They are overwhelmed and are needing some prayers. I'm just appalled at how they have been treated.

I've noticed all the negative that is out there is constantly pulling. I makes it harder to focus and to hope when faced with things that are just hard to take. There isn't always an answer to the why. I know for me I have been feeling lots pressure. I feel crowded and back up and just feel like there is no joy. The joy of the Lord is our strength and I'm scratching my head wondering why I'm having a hard time?

Not too bright some days.

I can't do anything about my circumstances. I'm flat worn out with it. Tell ya what - I'll pray for your stuff and you pray for mine.

11 comments:

bermudabluez said...

You got it! And I totally agree with you on the whole OctoMom thing....unfreakin' believable! And don't even get me started on LOST. I am LOST and don't think we will ever figure out all the loose ends...they are playing us ... I am sure of it!

Leigh@intentslife said...

Thank you for asking everyone to pray for Ginny and Bill!

Galatians 6:2
2 Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.
NIV

Love ya,
Leigh

grandmamargie said...

I have been praying for you, girl. Now will you please answer my email?

Brooke said...

I'll always pray for you. Keep praying for us. Love you guys.

Julie said...

I sometimes re-read my old posts, and am shocked by the typos I see! *lol* ... I really should pay more attention when I type. *lol*

Anna K. said...

I'm with you, Joanna!

I, too, get into trouble when I read my past posts. You'd think I'd stop doing it, but apparently I'm a glutton for punishment!

Sunday said...

I feel ya on the Jedi Mindtricks for sure.
The Octomom...it's just too sad all around for me. I am not one to believe in removing kids from parents without proof of significant mental or physical damage, but I don't know, after all that has been in the news of late and that's just issues with the 6 she had prior....
And Leigh is right, and I believe that is why Jesus wanted us to do exactly that, to take the focus off ourselves and feel the plight of others. Prayers incoming. I love ya.

Blessed Mom of Four, Now Five said...

Thanks for the laughs, or at least smirks...just wandered over from another blog.
Robbie

Debbie said...

Bless your heart. It sounds like you have just had a bad streak of things going on to wear you down. I so hope everything picks up for you soon.

jubilee said...

Consider it done. Thanks for being a friend!

Kerri said...

I love ya sweetie. I'm always just a phone call away. You have been there for me this past year in ways you can't imagine. You are a terrific friend, and a godly woman, and satan doens't like that much, so he's coming at you flat out. Just tell him where to go in the name of Jesus and watch that booger run.

Love yoU!!!