Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Wow!

Soooo how was your weekend? Mine? It was awesome. I want to put it all into words but not sure how. First off, Hubs bailed me out big time. I was running like mad trying to get everything done. He got home early and helped me get all the goodies put together.

Except he's idea of cut into small pieces and my cut into small pieces were two totally different sizes.

Was praying so hard going into this and kept getting over and over it is about the heart issues. You can color it, paint it, dress it up anyway you want but the bottom line is still a heart issue. Felt lead to read Ps 78 and it gave several examples of how the Israelites didn't trust God and wouldn't believe in Him. Even though they tested Him after seeing miracle after miracle God still provided, still took care of them.

Had a lot of oh moments.

Then came home and ran head first into an all out attack. So you just know it was a God weekend or how else could you explain today? And it was beyond the blah Mondays.

Got up and realized that I needed to do a grocery list which makes me in just a joyful mood, as we all know it's my favorite thing to do in the whole wide world. I'll pause as you wipe off that sarcastic spittle.

N and I were discussing the grocery list when he decided he wanted some tea. He said that the sugar bowl was empty and got out the step stool to get the big sugar container that is above the stove. Then I watched in slow motion as he pulled it forward but it slipped out of his hands and dumped about 3 pounds worth of sugar all over the stove and the floor.

He should give you a testimony that God has done a miracle in his momma's life cuz she didn't kill him nor did she chew him out. All she did was hand him a broom and said you made it so you clean it and then helped clean up the massive mess.

Did you know that sugar is rather slippery on the floor? Me neither. I found out the hard way.

What a way to start the morning.

I later got him to laugh about it and then he went on to score a 100% on his math quiz. Okay, not too bad. Then I checked the mail.

Still nothing from unemployment, got two shut off notices, a nasty letter, AND a letter from my Dad.

Pretty much cut open every.single.wound that I had just, did you get that, just let God in to do a healing work in those areas. I spent a few hours just trying not to curl into a ball and, well, bawl.

Dad was strongly encouraging me to go out and get a part time job and to tell my boys that no more cookies or chips as those aren't needed things just wants and God only provides our needs not wants. Goes on to just make me feel like crap. As if I'm just sitting here picking my nose do nothing.

I had to remind myself how Beth explained how God created the HEAVENS and the earth. How God took out His tape measure and measured the galaxies and placed earth where it is at and all the details of that so do I really think my situation is something He can’t fix? We even said in our small group I can believe God to fix your problem but not mine.

Felt like I made some strides in that area and then this letter. Oh satan, you truly are a bastard. We wrestle not against flesh and blood but principalities, and rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hots of wickedness in the heavenly places. (Eph. 6:12)

So it was an interesting day. I wanted to write this wonderful post on all the stuff I've gleaned, and am still getting, but oh no, I get to have a battle to protect what was just sown. Then after praying my brains out all day, I proceeded to take out my frustrations on Hubs.

Scoring those points just as fast as I can.

Good thing I was really good in bed the other night or I think I would have gotten slipper slapped.

Hopefully I'll be able to get a decent post out to try and give it all justice.

7 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

You need some pie!

Kerri said...

I have chocolate!

Seriously...the enemy came to KILL, STEAL, and DESTROY, but Jesus came so we could have LIFE!

You know you're growing you step out of bed and satan says, "Oh crap, she's up." Kick in the ding-ding girl.

Love you.

Noah's Mommy said...

stopping by from SITS...and wow...what a weekend...sending the love your way

jubilee said...

You so need a bag of M&Ms. I'd offer mine, but someone found my stash in the unmentionables box. Eek!

Isn't it always the way of the enemy to kick us when we're down. And kick us when we are really, really up?

Glad you had a good Bible study, though.

Sarah said...

Aw. Satan knows you had a good weekend, one that you needed...and he HATES that. And wants to rob you of it.

(((hugs)))

The Chocoholic said...

Hi there!
Stopping by via SITS to read your post.
Have a great day!

Laura said...

OH Joanna I so know what you mean by Satan attacking. He's attacking here too.

I refuse, absolutely refuse to let him win. He's not getting me or my family.

You just fight tooth and nail for what you know in your heart to be right.

I love you so much!