Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sheer Randomness

What? You actually thought I could think this junk up into a consistent post? You must be new here.

You would not believe how many subjects I completely jumped around on this one. It was so bad I had to edit myself and delete a bunch of it. A tool I'm not familiar with. I think I tossed in everything but the kitchen sink.

A lot of times I'll sit down to write a post with nothing in mind. This should shock no one. I find myself just randomly tossing things out there to see where I end up. I've come to the conclusion I have no sense of direction whatsoever.

Good news is all the camping junk is 98% put away. A sleeping bag needs to get washed and no it's not mine. But I have to wash this thing in the tub or go find a front loader. The local laundry mat sort of scares me and I'm not sure I could haul in the sleeping bag, a weapon of choice, plus soap, and some form of book to entertain myself to make it worth all the hassle. Now I just have to come up with a way to line dry it. In the tub.

Sadly, the school stuff is still all over the place. Still working on all the scheduling. We aren't starting tomorrow like I had hoped. The boys are thrilled. Now that the camping stuff is out of the way I now have laundry baskets in its place.

Not to mention the mountain of bills, unpaid bills, 2500 pounds worth of notices of unpaid bills, and some random junk mail. I'm still confused as to why I will get a bill but then 5 other notices of the same bill demanding my attention to its delinquent status and my need to fix it pronto.

Why thank you. I just knew I was forgetting to do something today. Now that I have a butt load of mail to deal with I'm going to have to save getting around to paying the darn bill for another day.

I have this stack of things I need to go through and shred. Then I noticed that all my scrapbook junk is blocking the shredder sooo...

I've sort of been avoiding all that.

I hope I'll be able to get this last layout scrapped and then I'll tackle all the scrapbook stuff and get the den all cleaned up. Then I can work on this computer that I have been avoiding for months. Right about now there is someone out there giving me judgemental looks. Since I can't see you nanner nanner. But I may have to call a time or 20 to walk me through all this computer stuff.

I can handle the programs, it's loading of the programs that cause me to wring my hands. And possibly fill up the cuss jar. Which is why we don't have a cuss jar. One more thing that is overflowing and looking sadly messy. We just can't be having that, now can we?

So when I look at this pile here and this other mountain over there and this thing to deal with, I get hit with this massive dose of I-don't-want-to-itis and sit down until that feeling passes.

I thought I may have adult ADD but after reading about it I don't. I'm just lazy and unorganized. One more thing to make me feel oh so good about myself. I just can't seem to make up my mind which path I'm going to go down first, so I try to see if I can go down all the paths at the same time. You only get so far before you realize this ain't gonna work, Maude.

What can I say? It's the special sauce of my own brand of crazy.

Am I the only person out there that forgets which emails they have responded to and which they haven't? Anyone?? I have about 5 emails that I need to reply to but I know that I responded to 2 of them. I just can't remember which 2.

Maybe I DO have issues with attention. Or maybe I tend to zone out and then snap back and forget where I was at. I use to do that when I was a kid only to end up saying something along the lines of 'I'm sorry I wasn't paying attention but I find the topic you were on really didn't interest me nor did I feel that it mattered to me'. About that time my brain showed back up to say, 'oh crap, we're screwed' because this was said to a teacher or 4, the principal, not to mention my parents on several occasions.

Proof that Jesus really does love me.

But I've noticed my attitude for things that hold little interest for me remains. The attitude of cleaning the house has been a big one for a long time. Again, our place isn't like those shows where there are piles of junk all over the place. You can enter each room and sit on the furniture. It's just the dust, the mail clutter, the mutant dust bunnies that have been known to Tarzan swing on the cobwebs is what I usually ignore.

When I was first married, anytime my folks would visit my Mom would always comment on how poorly I did on cleaning.

What a shock. My Mom criticizing me - who would have thought?

Growing up, Saturdays we always cleaned. I can tell you I hated it because I never cleaned to my Mom's standards. It's not that I was a slacker but it was very discouraging to do something to the best of my ability and it not meet the standard.

After a while I got an attitude. I know, y'all are just terribly shocked over this information. I can't even claim that was before Jesus. I did repent - later. A lot of years later. But I noticed the attitude did remain regarding housework and a few other areas.

Where was I? Avoiding housework? Always. Making a point? Rarely, but I try. What was it? Oh yeah, something about attention or lack of it.

I had this long winded part about how something inside me said screw it, why bother and I've been blocked on a lot of things. I was telling Hubs that the whole why bother has been going strong last few weeks. There are things to do and stuff to get done and effort to be made but I slam into a major wall of why bother. So I don't.

We've been talking a lot lately about making agreements and who's side are we making that agreement with which has been pretty eye opening. He did say I should ask God why bother and see what He has to say about it. I've posed the question and I'm waiting on the answer. I know He'll answer it, I just never know when.

I think I've made some wrong agreements about not meeting a standard no matter how hard I try so why bother. Hmm, very interesting. What have you agreed with?

25 comments:

Dianne said...

I agree with you. We don't keep house, it keeps is.

grandmamargie said...

My house could use a good cleaning too. You're "overwhelmed" by the piles. Just tackle one at a time. It'll come together. And you can check your email "sent" box to see which ones you've responded to. Have a great day.

Kerri said...

Hola chicita banana,

First of all, your house ALWAYS looks awesome when I stop by. It's always beautiful. Second, on my e-mail there is a little arrow on the box if I have replied. Or there's a little arrow if I have forwarded it. Do you have anything like that?

Third, I can't remember.

What have I agreed to? Hmm... I'll have to ponder that one...and see exactly what I want to share!
Love you. Can't WAIT til Thursday!!

Scrappy Girl said...

I am dealing with piles at the moment too...I have one week til school and all the chaos begins! I need to get scrappin' again...I miss it.

Kaye Butler said...

I'm thinking that Dianne has a typo in her comment...hum, could it be the drugs I put in her drink finally are starting to work? Stay tuned...

I got slapped one time in the face for saying this on cleaning day to my mother, you can literally eat off her floors, ceiling fans, tables, etc and never get a dust bunny or germ anywho this is what I said..."Dang, you'd think the queen of England was coming instead some stupid man to take you on a date!"

Slap

Then she sent me to my room. Got me out of waxing the dang floor for the 3rd time that day. Seriously.

Kaye Butler said...

Um, I must say this, I'm not as clean as she is (mother), but I do catch myself cleaning way too much, sometimes a whole saturday will go by and thats all the girls and I have done is clean...I have to check myself and go have some fun.

Crap now you've got me wanting to go home and clean, its in my blood.

I'm bored at work BY THE WAY

Joanna said...

Margie - My sent box doesn't retail the info for more than a few hours.

Kerri - evening, right?

Kaye - I bow at your brilliance for getting out of waxing. I wonder if this is why God only gave me boys so I didn't mess up a girl keeping the Cruella gene alive and well.

Dianne - how many fingers am I holding? Are you having blurred vision? hee hee

Young Wife said...

Hey, thanks to all your scrapbooking talk, this scrapbooking drop out might just re-enroll. I started organizing photos this weekend. Let me know how it goes with the sleeping bag. The washing I can handle, but I never know how to dry big items like that.

Kaye Butler said...

Dianne's been really tired here lately during the day and wired up at night...

insert creepy Alfred Hitchcock kind of music

Lorraine said...

I have a front end washing machine and a clothes line. Bring the sleeping to my house!! Seriously! :)

Dianne said...

FINE! It keeps UUUUUUUSSSS. If ya'll watched as much forensic files as I do you would know why I am not worried. You have put it in writing, and told other people. You gettin' caught for sure. I'll keep checking the jail website. Maybe if I turned off the computer and tv I could get my house cleaned. Naw, I'm waiting for them to test the self cleaning house model here. And here's another thought. Wouldn't it be just HOOLARIOUS if that video wound up on you tube? You know my motto: I don't get mad, I don't get even...I get ahead.

Joanna said...

Kaye, be afraid. Be very afraid. (Hands over chocolate with shaking hands) Here ya go Dianne. You like ME, right? (Backs away slowly)

Lorraine - Hubby braved the laundry mat and got it done. But thanks for the offer!

YoungWife - good for you! Little bit at a time. The whole joke how do you eat a whale? One bite at a time. I say this as I'm 13 years behind. Sigh

Kaye Butler said...

Don't take the chocolate Dianne, you never know who might be in ka-hoots with me! Mawhhhhhhhaaaahahahah
she said with one eyebrow arched like Hope Brady on Days of Our lives....

Kaye Butler said...

uh-oh

I gave Dianne money to buy me a watermellon today...

that could be a mistake...

naw, she wouldn't do that to her favorite nieces...

Dianne said...

Kaye-ever heard of colateral damage? Don't know who Hope Brady is. Don't watch soaps. Would that be anything like what Spock does with his eyebrow?

Joanna-do you want us to take this outside or are you enjoying the show? I know you like me, just keep me happy...chocolate works.

Dianne said...

Kaye- nieces are the ones who brought dogs in my yard endangering my husband's fancy ladies.

Kaye Butler said...

Um, hello, your HUSBAND has FANCY LADIES????

RIGHT UNDER YOUR NOSE?

Kaye Butler said...

Nanner nanner boo boo...

I found Joanna FIRST. You wouldn't even know about her if I hadn't bragged about her wonderful witty, hoolarious, insightful, interesting, smart use of adjectives, down to earth, mom of twins blog anyway!

Loyalty, Joanna. Remember who told you to hide the chocolate in the tampon box? Me

Kaye Butler said...

Plus if we take outside, Dianne might get all sweaty and we wouldn't want that now would we?

Joanna said...

I am laughing at you 2 - I mean WITH. We're all laughing together - at each other. Hmm, that didn't sound right.

Is it wrong that I sometimes pretend we all get together and just hop up and down and scream with happiness? And then chocolate rains down on us?

Stay - I share my chocolate. :)

Kaye Butler said...

Its only wrong if....

we have to share the chocolate with the kids...

that would be wrong...

Dianne said...

I am holding your watermelon hostage. I am a stay at home mom, too, so we can talk about you while you are at work...oh wait...you stay on the computer at work...hhhmmm. OK I am a FIRM BELIEVER in homeschooling. There. top that on

Kaye Butler said...

YOUR HUSBAND HAS FANCY LADIES RIGHT UNDER YOUR NOSE.

I'm just sayin!

You people never lock your doors I could so bust up in there and get my watermellon, but I won't because I'm not a violent person. Philip loves me, he will give me my watermellon.

Kaye Butler said...

Don't make me come over there!

Dianne said...

Go ahead, cut the watermelon. I TRIPLE DOG DARE YA! And I'm going to the band meetin so I will have plenty of witnesses for my alibi.
Raisin both my eyebrows at you cause I can't do just one