Thursday, August 20, 2009

To The Love Of My Life

I'm sitting here trying to come up with the words. And not just any words but the RIGHT words. Sadly, I'm at a loss.

How can I wrap words around all the feelings, the ups and downs, the good, the bad, and the ugly emotions? Words just don't cover it. They don't touch it.

How can I express all the little inside jokes and what they mean to me? How I would be lost if I couldn't share them with you? How you'll catch me smiling for no reason other than just because or the smug look one of us will give the other one just because.

I love how we laugh.
I hate when we fight. But making up has got to be some serious icing on that cake.
I really don't like how 'not enough time' has been crowding into everything lately.

I've noticed a lot of our fights can be linked back to feeling unconnected to each other and how hard it is to stay connected. It seems like everything is against us. At one point I thought I had all the time in the world now it has turned into an enemy.

Last week the thought of 15 years hit me. It no longer feels like it was just yesterday. There is very much been there, done that feeling. We no longer have babies or even little kids under foot. Dang, where did the time go?

You don't know it yet, but when we go out later tonight I have a pack of Jelly Belly jelly beans for you. You'll get it as soon as you see it. You'll remember how we were hanging out, just friends, when I was wearing your coat and you had a huge pack of them in your pocket. You'll remember I teased you that I squished some of them and you didn't believe me. But when you found a few squished beans later you had to hunt me down because you couldn't believe the nerve I had on what was it? 'killing an innocent jelly bean for no good reason'. Good gravy did that ever start a jelly bean war. May they rest in pieces.

I think you were hooked from that moment on. All because I was weird enough to squish a jelly bean and all because you were weird enough to think it was cute.

Love just seems too small of a word to wrap it all up in.

Happy Anniversary, honey. Here's to not killing each other and for living to fight another day. I love you more than words can say. I'm forever grateful that you get me. Even when I don't.

12 comments:

Dianne said...

That is so romantic and beautiful. Don't ya wish he would say stuff like that to you? I would faint if mine did. btw LOVE the new background and header

Kerri said...

Aww, Beautiful post!!!
Happy Anniversary! Fifteen years, wow! Congrats! You guys are awesome...love you!

grandmamargie said...

Congratulations on 15 years!! What a beautiful picture too. :)

Anna K. said...

Happy 15th Anniversary!! Love that pic, too.

The jelly bean thing is too cute. Keep on laughing together!

P.S. the new background is lovely!

Kaye Butler said...

Ohhhhhh howwww romantic. I love the picture! Love the new background. Love love love everything.

So how's the scheduling coming for the boys?

Young Wife said...

Happy anniversary! This was the cutest post! What a beautiful picture.

Julie said...

*sigh* ... What a nice post! Happy anniversary! Congrats on 15 years!!!

That picture is WONDERFUL! You both look so in love!

jubilee said...

*sniff*

Inside jokes with the husband are the best.

Congrats on 15 years. May the next 15 (and beyond) be even better.

jubilee said...

Oops. Forgot to say that I like your new background and header. Niiiiiiiice!

Leigh @ intentslife said...

Happy Anniversary - hope you guys have a wonderful evening!

Now spill the beans, what flavor were the Jelly Bellys??? :)

Aleta said...

What an incredible post. For not knowing what to write, you did a beautiful job. Happy Anniversary and beautiful wedding picture!

Stalker v1.5 said...

I made 15 years this year too and I wouldn't change a thing.

Congrats and here's to 15 more!