Monday, August 17, 2009

Well

I know. Don't even looking at me all accusing like. Seriously.

I even got a phone call from The Gangsta Ninja to complain. Now I don't know if he'll go all ninja-y or gangster-y on me. Not sure I want to find out. Sorry I haven't had a chance to call back. That is on my list of things to do for Tuesday.

Afternoon-ish.

Lets see, what am I missing? Oh yes, a post. Did I get any scrapbooking done for those few of you who care? That would be a big ol' N to the O. It took me all weekend to get the stupid relish made and canned and blah, blah, blah.

By the time I got the guys out the door, (as in toss them out, slammed the door, and locked it) I was pretty tired. I took my gifty from Jill and had a chocolate shake smelling bubble bath. I sat there until I was a prune. If only it would melt away the fat...

Once that was all done, I sat and watched a couple girly movies. One being Fried Green Tomatoes. I don't know why, but the scene where Kathy Bates snaps at losing her parking space and slamming into that other car like 6 times cracks me up. Every.single.time.

Then when she told her elderly friend, who's name I can't remember, her reply was 'how many of them hormones are you taking, honey?' - gets me to snorting with laughter.

I'm sure you really wanted to know that. But that all happened Friday night.

Last night I sat down around 9 p.m. and was out cold. Hubs woke me up to say he was going to bed and I should too. I didn't argue. I hadn't been sleeping a whole lot for a couple weeks so I was surprised I sacked out so fast and so hard - so early.

Today's project was starting to erase some older workbooks and getting stuff prepared for school. My arm is a bit sore now. Then I got a bit over farmed out on facebook. Farmville, Farm Town, and Farm Pals. This is my idea of dealing with nature without all the smell.

Wha? Me? A slacker?? That would be correct.

Boys are excited about their science. May I just stress the word science. Found something that explains English a bit better. We're in the process of seeing how to work all that in. This is the part where Hubs earns his keep on the homeschooling front. Otherwise, I would be sitting in a corner, sucking my thumb, humming 99 bottles of something on the wall.

Oh Lord, the rapture thing would really help me out about now.

Seeings how that hasn't bailed me out on a few other ish-yahs, lets not hold our breath, m'kay?

The rate we're going, I'm starting to stress about starting next week. I would like to start next week but can't make any promises. It just takes a lot to figure it all out for all three boys and figure out schedules and what have you plus to make sure computers are all functioning. On top of that we're in the process of saving stuff from one computer to switch over to another computer.

Just a lot of juggling schedules of who's going to use which computer at which time and who's using this book for that subject at what time. And I bet it's all going to have to be tweaked by the time it's all said and done.

Sigh

The boys said how they've had a very busy yet boring summer. I feel bad but nothing can be done. They are on the countdown to the new Skillet CD being released. I so need to find them some friends their own age.

Slacker mom strikes again. When we moved, we lost all our homeschool connections. I had the boys in a large co-op but oh my word it was soooo much work. Major burn out. Haven't wanted to do one since.

I did hear something that made me feel better. Most of the time comments people have about homeschooling ranks right up there with having multiples - glad it's you and not me. So I'm used to hearing the negative. But my aunt told me she's had a change in heart towards homeschooling. She did some volunteer work at their local school and was appalled by the behavior. She told me to hang in there, keep it up, and to be encouraged.

Can't even begin to tell you how big that was for me. This is the same aunt/uncle who's appeared judgement I was a fearing.

9 comments:

thatgirlblogs said...

hang in there/keep it up/be encouraged.

If I were smarter, I'd homeschool, too!

Joanna said...

That's the thing - I'm not that smart, I'm just obedient. ;)

Dianne said...

OOOHHHH I farm too. you see what I picked up on, huh. Want to be neighbors? I am under DIanne Billings

Kerri said...

What was the deal with the whole beginning of that gangsta-ninja thing? Inside joke? I"m toootally lost...

Love ya

rthling said...

I'm really impressed with juggling computers and books between three kids. I only have two homeschoolers, and sometimes we have a traffic back-up at the computer desk.

I would SO love a chocolate scented bath! And if it melted fat, I would look really funny, cuz only my lower boo-hiney would be melted, and my upper body would be all disproportionate.
**sigh**

Joanna said...

Dianne - help! I have no clue what I'm doing!

Kerri - inside joke.

I'm thinking if it melted fat I would get out a straw and snorkel if I had too! ;)

Aleta said...

You're not a slacker, don't say that again! You have so much going on and it's a lot. It gets to be too much sometimes and then you take a break. You're human.

As for homeschooling, if I had children, I would want to homeschool. This coming from a daughter of a teacher that works in the public school system. And Mom agrees, homeschooling is an excellent idea!

Anna K. said...

Please be encouraged! Your guys are excited about a subject? Great! Run with that...maybe even work it into other areas (writing, reading, etc.).

Okay, I just wanna know what school all these people are going to that they come away thinking public ed. is the worst thing ever?

jubilee said...

I admire anyone who takes on the challenges of homeschooling. Kudos to you.