Thursday, August 6, 2009

What Is Going On?

Good gravy! If I had any brains I would turn off the computer and crawl to bed. Too bad my brain only works part of the time. And this wouldn't be one of those times.

I think I need to point fingers and do some blaming. I've been reading other blogs about people accomplishing this or that, going off to have a fab vacation, or just all in all busy, productive people. Then I had to Twitter to Julie that I'm not productive only to have this massive burst of cleaning spree that is starting to both impress and scare myself.

Ohmygosh! Maybe that's why I got sick because my body knew what was going to happen. Psychic colon - able to predict the future. Oh moody colon, what do you see? Rumbles: looks like a lot of crap on the horizon.

Wha? You're still reading? Man, you must be avoiding something as bad as I am.

Me? Massive cleaning? While our place isn't a pig pen, I've been known to ingore several dust bunny clans. I'm the smart mouth that says to lie down and let that feeling pass. 'Why do something today when you can put it off until tomorrow?' has been a favorite motto. Things have been so busy lately that I haven't had time to deal with it.

Well it seems like this week is the time to pay the piper. And against my will even. I don't know if the grit on the floor is what caused me to snap or if I'm getting addicted to the smell of bleach.

Kerri and I are still plugging away at the NOG bible study. I've been asking God for weeks to help me make room for Him etc. Suddenly I've had these urges to clean, and I mean pull everything out, scrub it down and clean it up. Never in my life have I felt this - even when I was pregnant. This can only mean one thing....

I'm pulling the 'lalala, I can't hear you, Lord' routine. Which is odd because I've been flopping on the floor begging Him to speak to me and now all of the sudden the crumbs under the microwave has my attention????

It's not like He's said anything specific to me and I'm just avoiding dealing with it. I'm cleaning away still pestering Him. Maybe that's what He's telling me - get off my butt and clean this place already.

I tackled the kitchen today. Shouldn't this cause some alarm for people who know me? Shouldn't you be rushing over here taking my temperature??? On second thought, I still have a lot more cleaning to do. Cancel that.

I didn't get to the floor yet. It was bad enough when I got the kitchen all nice and clean - cookie sheet free clean - that lasted only 25 minutes and then I had to cook dinner. Now it looks like I didn't lift a finger.

Maybe I should cut back on those evening primrose oil pills? Or I could horf down the whole bottle, guzzle a case of Coke, and clean the whole place in record time. And then get spotted doing laps around the neighborhood. At 3 am. Singing something that would only make sense to me.

Okay, why can I see that happening?

I wonder if stage 2 will be the spiritual cleaning of stuff I have cluttered all over the place. Pile of fear over there, massive kiss my grits attitude all over the place, and I'm not sure what that stuff is in the corner over there. What do you mean give up my daydreaming? That means I have to look at reality and that was why I went off to lala land in the first place - to avoid looking at reality.

But how cool is God? I was sort of whining about some things while praying. Big shock, I know. And I remember sighing out, are You even listening God? Not getting anything, I went on to the massive cleaning spree. When Hubs got home he walked through the door with 18 little pink roses and said, "God told me to tell you, yes He is. Uh, does that mean anything to you?"

Oh yeah, it certainly does. Now if you'll excuse me I need a box or 70 of Kleenexes.

7 comments:

Kerri said...

NOt sure if I can type because I can't see the keyboard from bawling. That is so precious. What a personal God we have. I love you sweetie. Next Wednesday, right?

grandmamargie said...

Wow, that is awesome. I'll send an email about a message I gave Sunday at church. Once, I went on a cleaning spree and started with the bathroom. I was cleaning it top, sides, bottom and all in between. About the time I got finished, the hot water hose on the washer broke and flooded the bathroom. I told hubby if that was God telling me I wasn't doing a very good job, that he better hope I didn't try to "deep" clean the rest of the house. :)

Julie said...

Wow... That is awesome!

Young Wife said...

Wow! Roses from your husband and a message from God. Doesn't get any better than that.

Scrappy Girl said...

How nice. This was a great read. I love examples of how God speaks to us...the key is listening!

Aleta said...

Ohhhhh!!!! Wow.... What a beautiful ending to this post. Absolutely, so beautiful!

jubilee said...

That is so cool. Two blessings at once. I think that would've made me fall on the floor in shock.

Your hubby has some gift. Glad it comes from God.