Saturday, September 26, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

Thought I would shock anyone reading this blog on a weekend. Look! Your desperate hopes of just a little bit more crazy has come true.

Then you realized you're just stuck with me. Muwahaha!!

Sorry I didn't have a blog post up earlier. Thursday night I escaped from the house and got to see Love Happens. Good movie but NOT what I expected. When I came home, Hubs had shut off the computer which was a very loud hint. Hoopty takes sweet forever and a day to boot up. I swear this thing needs a cup of coffee before it'll work. His evil plan worked.

I have been butt dragging tired. Long week, things to get done, places to go. So I took the easy way and crawled to bed. Only to have to get up and run more errands. But it's all good in the hood cuz I got to see my hair guy. Due to financial issues and, of course, the wonderfulness of Babs, I haven't had my hair cut since last year Dec.

My hair was just sad on all the many levels it was sporting. I sort of got this crazed look in my eye and pulled a Popeye of I can't stands it no mo. Although that sort of sounds like a ghetto Popeye. Anyway, whatever it is he says and then things happen. Minus the canned spinach cuz yuck.

So me and my posse headed out for holy crap we have so much to get done palooza day. I got sheered and thankfully it is much better. Not sure how it will work with Babs but at this point I don't care. Looks like I need to be washing some grey right out of my hair as well. Picked up some of that all while getting a wedding gift for next week.

I did venture into our Christian Bookstore. A place that I'm not allowed to enter without supervision. Hubs B-day is coming up so I thought I would pick him up the new Ted Dekker book Green. While there I also snagged him another John Eldridge book. I had to dig deep not to pick up a couple books I had my eye one. I may have permanently scarred my children as they watched me have this long debate with myself and at one point I had to physically dragged myself away. All while muttering, okay talking rather loudly, how much it really sucks to have to walk away.

And because I'm me, I gave him the books as soon as he got home. He made a comment about how sad and pathetic I am for not actually waiting for the day. I held up my hand with my wedding ring and wiggled the finger at him. He sheepishly laughed and then shut up. Dude had called me the day he bought the ring because he was so excited. Thus forever killing any surprise and excitement I would have had from my marriage proposal. Should have been a red flag, but he was so darn cute it only added to his charm.

But the sad part is I now go out of my way to ruin any surprise for him just out of spite. Which I found out years later he prefers it that way because he HATES surprises of ANY kind. So yet again his evil Jedi mind tricks worked and I played right into it. Dang it.

Looks like we have a couple busy weekends back to back. Feel like I'm trying to juggle too much stuff. And I can't juggle! I'm still trying to get my school legs, so to speak. Still working on some computer issues and just trying to get it done. It's going good just still trying to get back in the swing of teaching.

What can I say? I'm a slow starter. Come to think about it, I don't finish too well either.

I'm starting to get the emails and the phone calls that my folks will be entering the scene in a few more weeks. Dad is set to go to half-way house in Indiana where most of my relatives are. Thank ya Jesus. Mom won't be released until end of Dec. How she got out of going to a half-way house is beyond me. Lots of 'hey your Dad needs this do you have it' questions which thankfully I get to say no, nope, and no way to all of them.

My attempts at selling off my parents on eBay has failed miserably as well as my attempts at getting adopted. Little orphan JoANNIE is still stuck in a hard knock life. Where is my Daddy Warbucks anyway? Doesn't he know I would like to spend his money, have a medicated happy outlook on life, and then sing about it?? Sheesh!

5 comments:

Kerri said...

Good job for walking away!! I'm proud of you! Where is there a Christian bookstore around here? Or did you go to K-zoo? I can't go in those either...ug. I'm an addict.

I can't ever wait to give gifts either. I have to wait to shop til the very last minute, or else I give them the gift too early, and feel like I need to buy another one ON the day. Cooky.
Love ya

Julie said...

Maybe you'll get lucky and your parents won't move back to your town when they get out... Hey, once can dream, right?

Wish I could buy my husband books... He REFUSES to read. He just hates it... Which I will never understand, because I LOVE it! *lol*

Kaye Butler said...

OMGosh, Tim and I have been looking to adopt for a long, long time. You could have the hard knocks life with out the daddy warbucks side of it here. Oh, and maybe we'll throw in a little bit of the little princess...you know...after the head mistress finds out the little princess is broke?

Wanna come home with US?????

Kaye Butler said...

OMGosh, Tim and I have been looking to adopt for a long, long time. You could have the hard knocks life with out the daddy warbucks side of it here. Oh, and maybe we'll throw in a little bit of the little princess...you know...after the head mistress finds out the little princess is broke?

Wanna come home with US?????

jubilee said...

My ring was burning a hole in The Calm One's pocket, evidently. He was going to wait until Christmas, but gave it to me the Friday after he got it. In October. He has a hard time keeping secrets too. Which often works to my advantage!