Thursday, September 24, 2009

Didn't See That One Coming.

My goodness it's been a long week. And it's not even over with. Nor does it look like it's going to slow down.

I'm tired, brain fried, and just spent a record high at wally world tonight. I'm not happy. But it was one of those out of several things not to mention the boys needed a couple pairs of pants.

But I can say that while I was taking deep breathes so not to freak, I was able to get a grip. Wasn't really expecting to try out this new self talk. Dang, I'm kind of scary.
I got the whole 'is freaking out going to change anything?'
'Well, no.' I said to myself.
'Will it change the bill total?'
'Um, no.'
'Then chill out!'

Sat there blinking for a few seconds. 'But what about this bill and that bill and a few other things?' I tried to counter.
My crusty inner self said, rather sarcastically too, 'how are you going to eat a whale? One bite at a time. While no, you didn't get everything you wanted to get done, just focus on what you can get done FOR TODAY and leave the rest for tomorrow. You got groceries so you're set in that department, done. Tomorrow you can face something else.'

I was a bit skert to say anything else so just said um, okay.

And with that I'm off to bed.

5 comments:

Kerri said...

See???? It works! It's sticking!! We are going to be self-talking FOOLS when this study is over!
Love ya!!

grandmamargie said...

Good girl. Just don't start talking and answering yourself out loud. Then others will know you are crazy too. The other day, I was at my desk at work and a co-worker caught me talking to and LAUGHING at myself. So now the secret is out, I am c.r.a.z.y. :)

jubilee said...

Talking to yourself, laughing to yourself, who cares?! Just say 'amen' at the end and no one will be the wiser! LOL

Julie said...

I hate getting the total at Walmart... It's always a SCARY thing!

Juliet Grossman said...

Hang in there! Thanks so much for swinging by my blog on my Sits Day last week:-)