Tuesday, September 8, 2009

It's A Miracle!

I'm still alive! And so are my kids!! Actually we had a really good first day. This is good news. In years past, I would be sitting in a corner, rocking back and forth, saying there's no place like home - cuz this ain't it.

Boys all handled it rather well. They have a challenging load but not overwhelming. At least I hope. I thought about going on and on about how well everything went when it suddenly dawned on me that this was only day 1. Ruh-roh, Raggie.

muttering: there's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home.

I'm hoping that this 'off to a good start' will continue. I know, I'm such a bowl of sunshine. Or maybe that's bowel. Some sort of weird super hero power - able to see the positive in any crappy situation. Whatever the case may be - I don't have it. I'm rather glad because that sort of sounds gross and possibly painful.

You want me to cheer up? OOowww. My spleen!

Can't be having that here with all those bugs in my teeth. Positive outlook? Negative.

Heehee I crack myself up.

Anyhoo, I can tell you we started with a lot of prayer. Even had the boys all pray for their attitudes and that God would really help us. So far it's working but again - day 1.

We've had a few computer issues with the oh so much faster than hoopty computer. I can't seem to get my email connected to my blog and I get kicked off of Farmville and FarmTown. We didn't have any issues UNTIL we loaded our anti-virus thing and then it screwed it all to heck. So this means Speedy is fine, we just loaded something stooopid on it. And sad to say, we'll be stuck with it until we can buy something better.

Lets not go there, shall we?

Even with the computer goof, I'm thinking today was the best 1st day we've had. By the time I got done with Jared though, I just wanted to sit and read a book. But for some reason he wanted to keep talking to me about video games and some game he made up blah, blah, blah.

I could feel that tension starting to build up where it would only be a matter of time before I snapped and sternly tell him to get lost and leave me in peace for crying out loud. I think the only thing that stopped me was knowing he would burst into tears and then I would want to slam my head into the door repeatedly. Or at least I would once the guilt arrived in a day or 4.

At one point I did hide out in the bathroom just to get away and to enjoy my hidden stash of chocolate in the tampon box. If he keeps this up I may have to install a mini fridge in there. After my time out, I emerged from the royal hideout only to have the little twerp sitting at the table waiting for me to continue on with his story.

Lawd have mercy!

It's not like I've neglected the child. I watched Toy Story 1 and 2 with just him, made him popcorn and let him have a can of pop in the living room even. We've played a few games - just the 2 of us - and the kid is coming back for more.

Thankfully I was able to peel the spawnage off, put it in B for Boogie, and went for some McTalking time with Kerri. I almost walked into McD's with a disclaimer sign hanging around my neck. Something like: Warning! This chick has spent the day working with her spawn and while not down to the last nerve, she's a bit frazzled. Please buy her a frappe or she may rip your face off. Thank you!

We did have a good ol time. At least this time we didn't almost get kicked out for creating a public display of weirdness. Nor did we cause any old woman's face to twitch. Pity. I wanted to see if we could hide a hamburger in her scowl line.

It was a bit sad as we're now done with the NOG book, and believe me we had to hustle to get it finished. Lot of ground to cover. At one point during the conversation I was nodding my head saying, 'yes, I know all the right things to say, but why do I still feel so numb? It's like my arm fell asleep and I only have some feeling going on. I can tell something is off but if I move in any direction it hurts. Oh, does it hurt!'

The point of that bible study was having No Other Gods, or functional gods, in our lives. We're to make room for God. When I was on my way, I was sort of in a fit. I did this study LAST SUMMER and had thought I made a lot of steps. This time around it went much deeper but I was hit upside the head that here it is a year later and not much ground had been gained.

While we're finished with that book, I can tell my journey isn't done and didn't end on time with the ending of the book. Dagnabbit. I still feel like I'm in the desert walking away from comfort and I'm thinking about turning right back around and heading back. Back to Egypt, back to bondage.

When I thought about that, I wondered why I would do it and it hit me because I don't feel free. I feel like I'm still in bondage only this time, I'm in the desert and nothing feels right. And I'm trying to walk with a foot that is asleep - hobbling along saying ow, ow, owieeee!

The next book Kerri and I are going to tackle is Me, Myself, & Lies by Jennifer Rothschild. I've never been so excited for a butt-whooping in my life. Wha? I'm the only person that can look at a study and tell this is going to hurt? Yes, stupid, that's why we avoid it. Ooh.

I can not encourage y'all enough to grab a friend, maybe 2, and do a one on one bible study. Something about having a person to hold you accountable of did you read it? helps. It has been a life line. Just getting away from the kids and hanging out with 'whoa did you see my booty flying through the air from what was on page 65? All that screaming? That was me.' It has done wonders. While we love our little spawns dearly, we love them better when we get a blooming break. This has helped me keep on keeping on.

And with that I need to head to head off to bed. For tomorrow is another day. Dang it.

8 comments:

grandmamargie said...

Congratulations on the first day of success. May you have all the rest the same way.

Kerri said...

It was awesome!! What a study. I seriously can't wait to start the next one!
Muah!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Funny stuff. Don't know when I've seen someone so happy about an upcoming spiritual butt-whoopin'!

Dianne said...

you so need to add me oon your facebook. I need one more neighbor in farmtown to be able to hire to plow and two more in farmville to bump up my farm PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE. All will be frogiven if you do.....

Joanna said...

Dianne - I tried to find you but it wouldn't let me.

jubilee said...

Glad your first day was a good one. I have Whirling Dervish all to myself while the other two are in school. He has lots of stories and dreams that he likes to go into detail about. And then there are the Hot Wheel races, Clone Wars re-enactments and unending games of Uno that leave me numb. I can't tell you how many times I hid out in my bathroom on the pretext of brushing my teeth just to get a break!

Julie said...

Chocolate in the tampon box... That's one place they won't think to look! *rofl*

Glad your first day went well!

Young Wife said...

Yay for a good first day! Hope it continues that way. Thanks for the Bible study recommendations, too.