Monday, November 2, 2009

Here We Go

Well thanks for all the nice words. Means a lot. I can tell you that I have found that most people do not like it when I'm being honest. I was always told to let your yes be yes and your no be no. I find it difficult to navigate in certain circles as most people won't tell you what they are thinking to your face. Then you find yourself trying to figure out what was really said and what was really meant.

It's enough to cause me to go screaming for a locked door.

Moving on....

We had a good weekend. We went out and about Saturday as the whole trick-or-treating isn't really our thing. My guys are all about the candy and really don't want to share it with other people anyway. Totally made my day that Steak and Shake has their White Chocolate milkshakes out early.

Let me tell you, there was rejoicing in the land.

I made up a bag of candy for each of us and reached for the stretchy pants. My attempts at a chocolate coma was not successful. It did, however, appease aunt flo and thank goodness she is slinking back into her coffin.

Now if I could get the headaches to go away, life would be a bit better.

The birthday palooza is soon to be upon us. There has been great debate as to what in the world to get twin 14 year olds who have different tastes in what they want. Money has a nice ring to it and that is working for them.

M wanted a better guitar and thanks to his brilliant Dad he now owns a nicer one. Hubby had the idea of checking out a pawn shop. Sure enough, he fell head over heels in love with a nicer guitar in great condition all at a price that was right for M.

He's still on cloud nine.

Pictures will be coming later in the week if hoopty will let me.

N, on the other hand, has been weighing his options as there isn't one thing that he desires. Instead, there is a whole host of things he can get. We've had long discussions about all of his options. I fear I am no longer able to appear like a give a rat's bee-hind any more about said options. But rather than anger it, I mean him, I march on like a brave little soldier.

I do still tease him but simply because he has it coming. In spades. I am just very thankful that the 11-12 years stages are behind us and 13 was much easier to deal with. After massive threats to sell them to gypsies if they every go through that stage again, I'm confident that 14 will be better yet.

Don't you dare burst my bubble with reality!!!

N did buy the new TFK's album and I got it all loaded on everyone's MP3. He also bought an expansion pack for Guitar Praise. Good stuff! Except they won't play the songs I want to listen to - ooooh noooo, we can't be having that!

I spent most of Sunday watching movies with J because he feels horribly left out and thinks the world is out to get him. This is suspiciously sounding like the 11 year old blues. Dude is only 6 months away from it and I can already tell he is starting to change. His body is getting thicker and he's not able to make a high of a squeak noise when he's tickled. He was even complaining that he's not too happy with how his body is changing on him.

Do tell.

I so hope he's easier to deal with on these next 2 years. While he has a different personality than his brothers, one never knows how it is going to go down.

But the guys are looking forward to Grammy and Pap coming for a visit. I guess I am a proud new owner of a battery operated cookie press. Do this mean I have to use it? I was telling the guys about it and N is all excited to use the 'cookie gun' as that is what he is calling it. Lord, help me!

I was going through the basic 'gun' safety.
Do not point it at anyone.
Do not look down the barrel.
Only point it at the target, which is the cookie sheet.
And never use it to load up your mouth with cookie dough!

Just your standard procedure at the kitchen of testosterone. Sheesh!!

Since this does count as part of their home ec. I'll just have to roll with it. I sort of have a feeling this is not going to go well with FIL. They've done a lot of electrical experiments and I'm wondering if he will feel the need to man them up a bit after being exposed to estrogen. Just another opportunity to roll with the punches.

I'm looking forward to shopping with Grammy and praying for her anointing to flow. Also praying for the bag o' money to show up as well. I did tell her that people wanted to tag along to see her gift in operation. She said that is a no go, as they might drain her of her anointing and we need it.

This is going to be one crazy week! I'm not sure how much blogging I'll get done. I'm trying to figure out what to do with my farms. Leave them plowed and empty or plant something that takes 4 days to grow as I don't think I'll be on the computer much.

On top of all that, I am seriously honked off at the website I got my blog background from. Seems the site went private. Trouble with that is I had the next 3 backgrounds all picked out - with matching header. Now I can't access the codes to get them. Which means I'm screwed.

I'm still stewing over it. I haven't found anything else that comes close to what I had in mind. Dagnabbit!

Oh well, no biggie I guess.

7 comments:

grandmamargie said...

N is one special dude. Not one thing he desires to have. Tell both Happy Birthday for me.

Kerri said...

I think it's that he doesn't desire ONLY one thing, but many!

See you tonight g-friend. I'll call you later. I need some SERIOUS talking time!!!
Love ya

Joanna said...

Kerri is right - dude wants LOTS of stuff but has found his money will only go so far.

Reality check! It's what's for dinner.

Shellie said...

I'm with you on the directness, If you don't say it like it is, I won't get the message. Sounds like busy times. And I won't burst your bubble about 14 year olds. I'll just keep it to myself!

rthling said...

well, it sounds like you don't want to drop kick you MIL like I do mine.
I don't like going shopping with her.
Scratch that. I'd rather go shopping WITH her than have her shop FOR me.
And I'd rather shop with MY mom than go shopping with dear MIL, and you know how I feel about my Mom...
Last time I went shopping with MIL, she went on and on and ON and on about how crazy my mother is. She was right, of course, but SHE'S not allowed to call her that! Only a select few get that privilege

Joanna said...

I hear ya.

jubilee said...

"Do tell."

Priceless. I dread some of the questions that will come up as a result of having two sons. Guess that's what daddies are for?!