Thursday, December 10, 2009

All They Want For Christmas Is...

Holy snow, batman! We got around 8 inches of snow with a chance of another 3 inches this evening. Looks like I'll be baking another round of cookies as the guys have almost polished off the last batch of goodness.

I'm starting to wonder if this is purgatory or something. Cookie purgatory.

The guys are cracking me up. They are so trying to go on break now. When they realize not happening they fly through their school work. Why can't this be a regular thing?? I'm just glad they are totally clueless on all the school cancellations. Muwahaha!

But the sudden rush of git 'r done is because they have a "full on dart gun war" going on. I think I'm afraid to ask what that exactly means, but they have been having a good time together so on with the war. Matter of fact, all they want for Christmas are Nerf guns and a truck load of darts. I mean, what household of dudedom isn't complete without a truck load of darts?

I made the suggestion that maybe Christmas day they could bring all the Nerf stuff downstairs and take it to the next level as they would have more room down here.


Some days I think I need my head examined. This would be one of those times. But I scored more points on the cool mom chart.

A chart and points system that I made up. In my mind.

Minor detail.

Hubs is so on board with this and they have been plotting and planning. I think I may be hiding with hoopty or safely near Bernie as wood burning stoves has a way of destroying plastic darts. Yet another bonus point for Bernie.

I asked if there was a cause for which they fight for. The amount of blinking and glazed over looks I got said a lot. N finally cracked 'Cause I want to, so that's good enough'. How can I argue with that kind of logic?

The nice thing with them being at this stage is they really don't have much they are asking for. We're going to go clothes shopping this weekend. Huge sale going on that we can't miss out on. But with the guys' birthday last month there really isn't much stuff they want. Which is a good thing with the timing of life sucks and everything.


They had their very short list done since Thanksgiving and they just seem pretty happy with life right now. Which means we've kept our panic induced wringing of the hands hidden from them. Go team parent!

Sort of hard to know what to do for Christmas. The money Hubs' folks gave us wasn't enough for all the screw you fees the lawyers tacked on to the foreclosure. There are some days both of us feel very confident God is going to come through. And there are other days that we are face first on the floor soaked with panic. Did I mention Hubs is back on unemployment as of this week?

Yesterday I woke up already in a panic attack. Leave it to me to take that brand of crazy to a whole new level as I didn't think that was possible.

But...


But I choose to trust God even though I feel like I totally lack the capacity to do so. And some days that is more than half the battle. Guess it'll have to be enough.

I was telling Kerri that after all the junk I have gone through the last couple of months....oh my word! I think I would like 2009 to be over with as this has not been a good year.

UNLESS you count all my points on the cool mom chart. This may be one of my finer moments in momhood.

12 comments:

rthling said...

Is it possible to claim a loss in the income bracket next year on our taxes? I'm just wondering...

Joanna said...

Who knows? I know you have to claim the pathetic amount they give you from unemployment as income. They should mark that under donations.

Not that I'm bitter or anything. :}

Anna K. said...

You ARE a cool mom! Nerf wars downstairs, indeed!

Anna K. said...

Plus, you have an awesome sense of humor.

Anna K. said...

You managed to us the words cookie and purgatory into the same sentence for cryin' out loud!

Julie said...

I hope 2010 treats you better!!!!

And yes, I can see my boys (mainly the big one I share a bed with) LOVING a nerf war in the house... Guess I won't be earning any points. *rofl*

The Redhead Riter said...

I hope we have snow for Christmas, but I doubt that we will!

Being a cool mom is the most important thing anyway :o)

Visiting from SITS today. The title of your blog makes me want to go brush my teeth...LOL

grandmamargie said...

Oh, I do. not. envy you the snow. It paralyzes us down in "these here parts, ya know. Just ain't prepared fer it." Have a great day.

Kerri said...

"Taking that brand of crazy to a whole new level..." I think I see a new blog subtitle in your future....

YAY on the cool mom points...after all, you ARE the coolest mom I know! : ) AND you are a wonderful friend!

God IS in control...my blog post today is KIND of about choosing too...Applying truth to bad things. Sounds familiar?!? Can't wai til Wednesday!

Aleta said...

I admire you. Not just for the cool mom points... but for your attitude and honesty and heart warming post with all you are going through. You give me inspiration and strength my faith.

Anonymous said...

It is simply magnificent phrase

jubilee said...

Wow. All that snow already! I am wondering when we'll get hit big here in rural Ohio. Not that I am looking forward to it, you understand. Just kinda waiting for the other shoe to drop, so to speak.

Off to bake cookies!