Sunday, January 10, 2010

*Enter One*

Ok, I can not think of any title. My brain said whatever. Lets not anger it, shall we?

My facebook page exploded with happy b-day wishes. Thanks y'all. That was mighty nice of ya.

The day started off with a phone call from my folks, who sang to me - off key. Waaay off key. My Dad said he thinks he might have hurt himself. I said, I know I felt it.

Dad was able to talk about not much of anything important. Tried to keep it happy, happy and light. Then handed the phone to my Mom which sort of killed of that train of thought. 45 minutes later, I am now up to date on all the latest conspiracy theories. All in all, it really wasn't that bad. I've had much worse. We weren't screaming at each other so I guess this is progress.

Mom did ask what I was planning on doing for the day and I said didn't really have any plans. She said that's surprising as last few years I've been busy with friends and stuff. I said yeah stuff changes, people change, things change. She said she understands that. I think we sort of had a moment.

Got off the phone with them and Hubby checked the mail and sure enough there was the card from them. Nice card - had potential. Then I read the note my Mom slipped in. Good feeling gone. All I can do is shake my head. They want to come up next week so she can get some of her paper work as she has things to file, all her fabric, and the cutting table. The cutting table we've sort of been fighting over. Hubs just - as in I'm on the phone with them while he sets it up just - for me to use for scrapbooking.

At this point she can have the darn thing. I simply don't care any more. We went to a second hand store and found a couple tables that would work to replace it. They couldn't get to any of their clothes. Whoever packed their place up didn't do a great of job and didn't mark any boxes. They ended up going to Salvation Army and got a whole new wardrobe but she wants to sew a few things.

It sounds like it's a good thing they are with my grandparents. My grandpa is in the hospital and they have been driving my grandma all over the place as she's legally blind. I can tell this is going to get old real quick for my Mom. She said rather flatly that 'it's her house'. Thankfully I said nothing and didn't even snicker.

All I can do is laugh. I think I'm pretty much stuck with them whether I like it or not. I'm not sure if they are just clueless or stubborn or a bit of both.

I asked Hubs about it as I'm sure they will be calling to see when they can come up. He said yes if they are coming to take their paper work with them. The boys weren't too thrilled with it but said it's only for a day.

Ah, how the mighty can cave!

So was able to get off the phone unscathed. Putzed around, got cleaned up, ditched the kids and just hung out with my Hubby for the day. Had a nice time. We went and saw Sherlock Holmes. Good movie BUT a lot of occult junk in it that I wasn't happy about. While it was all explained away at the end, I was glad my kids weren't with us.

Dragged Hubs through a few stores and just looked, commented, and goofed off. So it was a nice easy day.

I was teasing Hubs that I didn't think it was fair that he won't make me a birthday cake. He asked if I really wanted a cake. I said that's not the point. I just wanted to know why he wouldn't attempt at making one. He said he would if I wanted to. I have a feeling if I would have said yes, he would have come home with a store bought cake. Then he would have had the nerve to say ta-da!

I said no to the cake but he did get me flowers. And the card he got me made me laugh.

Then today I went and had some girl talk time and had a chai latte. Oh my word! I think I may have to be supervised with that sucker! So yummy good. Luckily for me I was with a cooler head that said just one. Don't laugh Gangsta Ninja, if she hadn't of cut me off I may have licked the cup.

Nice weekend. Gearing up for a busy week. So busy I may need a chai latte or 7 to help me through it.

3 comments:

Kerri said...

Glad you had a good birthday!
Love yu!

Young Wife said...

Happy Birthday! I saw Sherlock Holmes, too, and in addition to the occult garbage, I didn't like the way it was tainted with modern day. Take Sherlock's haircut for instance. Soooo 2010.

Julie said...

Glad you had a nice birthday!!! ... I found out that the Superbowl is on my birthday... So I won't be having a nice birthday. *lol*