Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Goodness

I have to apologize. I have been holding on to this secret for a long time. I always get worried someone will bring the same thing I'm making to some get together or what have you. Since that's not a prob for my InterPeeps, I should share this goodness to all far and wide.

Oh, it is that good.

I may have discovered the cure for PMS. You will find inner peace and will no longer want to kill everyone around you. The downside is you may want to eat them all and not share. Rest assured I have a back up plan for that as well.

Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
Line a cookie sheet with foil and arrange pretzels.
Take forever to unwrap a Rolo. Place on top of pretzel like so.



You may have to watch out for the sneak attacks. Tell me this kid doesn't look guilty. Wonder how many Rolos he ate? Come to think of it, I thought that last batch turned out a bit low.

Put in oven for 4 minutes. Pull out and place pecan half on top and squish so Rolo fills the pretzel like so.Place in refrigerator to set up for half an hour. Pretzels will come right off the foil. It tastes like a turtle. It is the PMS pill as it has the salty crunch and the gooey chocolate.

I truly believe this just may solve that whole world peace issue.

All from a recipe found in a Taste of Home magazine.

For the other one that doesn't have a name but may be used to distract while you consume the other one. Aka, The Distractor. Or The Decoy. Or who cares just shove it in front of them and hope they don't see what you're eating.

Set oven at 275 degrees.
Line a cookie sheet with foil. Arrange pretzel SQUARES.
Take forever to unwrap a Hershey's Hugs and place on top like so.


Slightly over tease your helper until he gives you a look that says you owe me and hurry up all at the same time. Sort of gets it from his Dad. At least Nicholas is sort of smiling instead of sneering. He's actually enjoying himself. Although he may deny it if asked. Hard to tell. He was near chocolate so of course he's going to smile and be nice.
Place in oven 2-3 minutes. Remove from oven and place an M&M on top and press down so it fills the square like so.

These were a bit gooey to work with and a few of the M&Ms about slide right off.
Place in fridge to chill and once set will peel right off the foil.

They were yummy and my evil plot to distract them worked - for about 5 minutes. Sigh

If the sight of chocolate is making you gag right about now - then you must be a guy. How about you surprise the little woman and cook something? Didn't think so. But to be all balance like - here's a dinner suggestion.

Cook a pound of hamburger, drain.
Add 2 - 3 T of flour, stir until meat is coated.
Add a can of French Onion Soup, stir.
Keep stirring until thick and heated through.
Place on hamburger bun and top with provolone cheese and whatever condiment of choice. Top with bun.
Grab a bag of chips and a can of Coke and your work is done.

I didn't think to take pictures of this. I tried to get a picture of Michael eating this sandwich as he seems to be absent from the last few pictures. All he did was sneer at me - with a mouth full of food. It's like looking at Hubs only a smaller version. It's moments like that I feel that I have failed to thwart the redneck gene out of my spawn.

I did try to get a father and son sneer off picture but neither one of them would cooperate and they both hid behind pillows. Too bad for them because someone ate the last of the turtles that were on their plates.

That'll teach them. I mean, I don't know who could have *burp* done such a thing.

8 comments:

Julie said...

Hmmmm ... I may have to try some of those! Sounds yummy!!! :)

grandmamargie said...

Those looked delicious. We don't eat a lot of sweets, though. But I may have to try the sandwich. Thanks.

Kerri said...

I can vouch for the Rolo turtles. Oh. My. Gosh.

Hey Joanna, I tried to remember how to make these...I forgot the foil and the chilling...it was BIG mess. But they were still yummy!! And they looked a lot like yours! Next time I'll just call. I THOUGHT I remembered...
not so much!

Chris said...

I totally thought that I was the only one who withheld recipes from my friends so that they won't show up with MY stuff!! Can't wait to try these out, although I might wanna wait til next Christmas:)

Dianne said...

Been making the turtle things for years. My secret is out. Scroll down to the bottom of my blog page and try the Oreo Delight. Let me know what u think

rthling said...

Well, she beat me to it...
I thought my sister was the only recipe nazi! She makes a cheese ball that's to die for. The last time she gave that recipe away, it was to our mother. Now whenever we have a family gathering, Mom makes it. Nice, eh?
Now she won't give the recipe out. Good thing I already have it!

Young Wife said...

Yum! The desserts are so cute! I'm so hungry now.

Kaye Butler said...

OMG we have the same stove. Your's cooks better than mine. I can tell. It produces chocolate, really good looking chocolate....


Hey let me in, that's me pounding on the door!!!!! LOL