Monday, January 18, 2010

I May Need Intervention

So what is up with this - I woke up with this going through my head.

"Previously on LOST..."

What the hey?? I'm already obsessed about the show - this is nothing new to me, but in my sleep??

Am I the only one out there that is so very, very happy that this is the blessed end? The very last season? I have been on this crazy journey from the beginning and it has caused me to ruin many a pillow from tossing and tearing it out of frustration. Many a time my brain has given up but knows it is completely addicted and has to find out what happens. At this point I don't even care how it ends. I just need for it to end so I can have closure and move on with my life.

That sounds even sadder once I typed that out.


So sad. So very, very sad.

But I can't help it. I get invested in things and I just can't walk away and not know what happens regardless if it's fiction. Does that make me a control freak or slightly off?

Wonder if they have a pill for that? I wonder what THOSE side effects would be?

I was in a strange state of being me, when I saw a commercial for meds to help with depression when it listed all the side effect that was longer than the actual ad. One was suicide. While I'm no expert, but wouldn't that be a step in the wrong direction? I think I'll just stay in the funk and call it good, m'kay?

I asked Hubs what would happen if I was allergic to myself. He went to grab more evening primrose oil pills. I think he was muttering too. At least he wasn't trying to hand me a white jacket with buckles and straps on it. I guess that's a plus.

Kaye sent me this - he better not get his hands on this stuff. I think my head would explode.


This isn't my idea of intervention.

Matter of fact, I know one fictional character who would not approve. She is my MIL's hero.


"Last night my sister and I were sitting in the den and I said to her, 'I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle to keep me alive. That would be no quality of life at all. If that ever happens, just pull the plug.'
"So she got up, unplugged my computer and threw out my wine. She's such a b*tch."

Maxine cracks me up.

11 comments:

Jen said...

haha I signed up!! I'm now an official follower Scary!

Jill V. said...

I am totally with ya on the Lost issue, girl! I NEVER Sleep well on Lost nights! LOVE the show, but it is totally addictive....Glad this will be the last season!
Oh, does the person who made that poster know YOU??? blahhahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rthling said...

I can't WAIT for Lost to start back up and finish this ride!
And if Josh Holloway ever came to my door, I'd be all like, "Shawn Who?"
MMMmm five times. That's all I have to say about that.

Kerri said...

Bwaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!! VHS...Violent Hysterical Sarcasm...
That is freakin' hilarious! And SO you!!!

OH, and I'm with you and Jill on LOST. Oh sweet mother of George Washington, just END IT!!

Julie said...

I watched the pilot of Lost and found it too "scary", and never watched another one... Guess I am a wimp like that! *lol*

http://scrapgrrl.com

Anonymous said...

If this does not make sense by the end of the season, I will hunt down J.J. Abrams, I'm just saying.

The Hubs

Aleta said...

LOST!!!!! YEAH!!!! I keep hearing that the final season is coming. When does it air?!!! I need to DVR it. WOOT!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dianne said...

I LOVE Maxine. Walmart had a candy bowl with her on it. Around athe outside it said candya, take all you want. On th bottom of the inside it said, "IT'S STALE"!

Joanna said...

Jen welcome to the crazy.

Jill I wonder if we need group therapy. And I'm pretty sure I was the inspiration for that pill.

D - I forget my name when Sawyer is on TV. Mer-say!

Kerri - snort! ;)

Julie didn't it freak your kids out? Be glad - the addiction is horrible.

Aleta I think it starts beginning of Feb. I'll have to get back to ya on that.

Dianne - heeheee Not that you would do anything like that at all. ;)

Young Wife said...

I love LOST. We watched the first 2 seasons on DVD, and I was able to keep up with everything so much better. I can't wait till this season is over so I can go back and watch it all on DVD.