Friday, January 22, 2010

Is This Normal?

Is it wrong to laugh at someone even though they aren't laughing? Let me explain. Hubster is a whiz at organizing. He has managed to tackle every room on the 1st floor in the last few weeks. I love everything that he has done. Now that everything is in order, I'm worried he's going to lose it with nothing to organize.

And that sort of makes me laugh.

I was trying not to snicker when I asked, "This is what will cause a brain cramp for you?" He pointed out that I liked everything that he did and it all works so much better. I totally agreed. But I thought getting it all done would bring inner peace for the crazy organized soul.

Silly me. What would I know?

Amazes me just how much junk is able to pile up in a short amount of time. I'm starting to wonder if stuff goes at it like a bunch of rabbits when I'm not looking. Sort of like the laundry. I have noticed that about the time I think I need to do a load or 20, it triples before I get around to it. So not fair.

Speaking of not fair.

My spider senses are telling me to be prepared for a parental visit. I'm betting either Friday or Saturday. I think they tried to call. Dad is using a calling card so when he calls nothing comes up on the caller id. They didn't leave a message. But I have a feeling this isn't over.

But of course this has to happen this week. Can't space out the crazy over a few weeks. No sir! Got to cram as much crap into one week as humanly possible. And then we go for the kitchen sink. The sink that started leaking and Fred had to fix - twice. All this week.

Goodness knows why people tell me I'm a drag to be around. I'm sure everyone who is picking out which cardboard box they want to live out of has such an upbeat out look on things.

Cricket, cricket

I am not that person.

Before I forget, I got an email asking me about Jared's eye. I know I posted that his eye is good as knew but I couldn't remember if I twittered it, blogged it, or put it on facebook OR all the above. Now that is just sad.

I have a good memory. I can even remember conversations in great detail. But I have noticed that I will space out on weird things. I'll ask Fred a question, he'll answer it, and then like 45 seconds later I will have forgotten that he answered and will ask him again. It's usually when I do this about 3 times in a row is when he snaps. A special something that drives him nuts. I wasn't even trying. Yet I tend to do this at least once a day. Not sure if I should laugh about that or run out of the room and silently chuckle. I think he can smell the mockery or something.

Which makes me think why he's trying to organize me is a form of payback. I told him to give up. I've made huge strides in that department in the 15 years of marriage. He calls them baby steps. Whatever. Forward momentum has been made. According to him, I have a long way to go.

He so needs to go back to work.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

What is up with how fast things can get disorganized? You are right, the piles grow exponentially!

Anonymous said...

Keep on posting such themes. I love to read stories like this. By the way add more pics :)