Sunday, January 24, 2010

Not Sure How I Would Label This

Looks like we survived the week only to have it jump all over me today. I woke up with a horrible headache and wished the guys the best of luck and sacked out. When they got back from church, they all piled onto the bed to talk to me. This cracked me up. Only gone from each other for a little bit and then they have to give me the low down.

Any time they do something I'm not a part of, I get to hear the whole thing. I love hearing their opinion. Well, I should clarify. I love to hear their input on things. I know all about their opinion on some stuff but as long as we're not talking about school stuff, it's not bad.

But I didn't have to make lunch so I was happy about that. We got a couple hams from people around Christmas so I cooked up a ham Saturday and we did eggs Benedict for lunch. At least that was what it was supposed to be. I'm thinking the chef was a big chicken as he didn't even try to poach an egg. Instead he fried the egg. Eh, who cares? I didn't cook it. Muwahaha!

Although the boys did say the fried egg stayed on better as a poached egg tends to slide off. I think I'm of the opinion that it doesn't matter as long as there is hollandaise sauce. Yum-O. Pour that bad boy on my head and my tongue would beat my brains out to get to it. Then again the same could be said about chocolate.

Not a very picky tongue. And I guess it doesn't care for my brain very much.

After lunch, I got the boys laundry all folded then shuffled back to bed for a nap. Got up in time for the older 2 to head off to youth group and Jared and I crashed on the couch to watch Up. Good movie, bit sad but better than some of the other stinkers we watch this week.

I am still ticked off about those movies too.

None of the previews gave any warning and neither did the ratings. Since I really don't want Google sending unwanted people I'm not going to name them. There was one that sounds like amer and starts with a G that had so much nasty gross stuff, we ended up fast forwarding through a few scenes. I figured it was going to be bloody, shoot 'em up bang, bang NOT bewbage galore.

The only upside is after seeing that many bewbs, I don't feel so bad with what I'm sporting. Gave my girls an ego boost. Too bad I now need to scrub my brain with a toilet brush. Or maybe I'll just pour some sauce on my head and let my tongue beat the memory out.

The other one ended up slamming Christianity. Maybe they thought it was poking fun but we didn't take it that way. Made it sound that it's all based on a lie. I think when the dude had about 10 rules written on the back of pizza boxes is when I had it.

But it frustrates me. Some of the previews look great but the movie doesn't deliver. Nothing like wasting the time on total trash. Hmm, maybe that's why I had the headache? Smacked myself one too many times in the head with the toilet brush.

At least the boys have clean clothes so I guess it wasn't a total waste of a weekend. I'm sure once the pain meds kick in I'll forget all about it. Luckily my folks didn't show up but I'm a bit concerned at how paranoid I now sound.

Great.

10 comments:

Sara E said...

gosh darn it... I can't figure out what that first movie was... ya'd think I could with your clues.. oh well

so sorry your movie night didn't end up too well

rthling said...

Okay, I know the first movie. I hadn't heard of it until a fb friend mentioned that it was total trash. I don't have a clue what the second one was.

Kerri said...

"Pour that bad boy on my head and my tongue would beat my brains out to get to it."

BWAAhhhhhhh!!!!! Where do you come UP with this stuff??? you crack me up.

Joanna said...

Hi other Joanna!! *waves* Thanks for stopping by my place. I've pretty much stopped going out to movies. We'll get them from the library so we can turn them off if they're bad, and I don't feel guilty wasting money on a bad movie. Learned that lesson after seeing Vanilla Sky.

Young Wife said...

We've seen some stinkers lately, too. Currently I'm on a mission to watch as many BBC film adaptions of old novels as possible. Netflix Instant watch has scores of them. They never have nudity, and there's very, very rarely language.

Julie said...

I can't for the life of me figure out what the 2nd movie was... But I sure don't want to watch it, whatever it is!

http://scrapgrrl.com

Joanna said...

Invention of Lying was the other one.

Anna K. said...

Sorry 'bout the headache...felt your pain today.

There have been a lot of movies lately that the best parts af the movie were in the thirty second trailer. I HATE that!

~Melody @ 6 Feet Over~ said...

I can't figure out what the movie was you were referring to...that's how often I get to the movies. I've wanted to see Up for a while.

Found ya via SITS ... Think I'll take a peek around. :)

~melody~

Melissa B. said...

Movies just ain't what they used to be, are they? Hope you get rid of that headache for good! SITS sent me by, and I'm glad they did...

After the Storm