Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sometimes Wishes Do Come True

I never got a chance to get around to this. Last month Kerri and I had gone out for our bible study Christmas par-tay. Since it was a special time, we went to Applebee's. Thought we would mix it up from our usual McTalking.

We're sitting there talking away and I noticed a waitress that sort of seemed familiar. I'm trying to place where I've seen her and I can tell she's doing the same with me. Processing, processing and then bam! Hits us both at the same time. Oh! Oooohhhh!

It was Lady Screams A Lot. The one who screams at her dog, all the time.

All I could say is thank goodness she wasn't our waitress or you just know she would have spike my food. But the funny thing is she waited on every table around us. She talked in this whispery voice the whole time.

I bet it's because she was horse from screaming at her dog.

She tried to be oh so sweet while she passed me yet gave me the stank eye anytime I had my head slightly turned. It's called seeing out of the corner of your eye, lady. I'm guessing she wasn't aware of this ability. I was not fooled at her sad attempt at being nice as she sashayed past us.

To add insult to injury, her name is Joann. Her dog has my husband's name and she has a name close to mine. Way too Twilight Zone-ish for me.

When my in-laws where up, my FIL totally messed with her. His name is the same as Hubs too. So when Lady Screams A Lot was screaming for her dog my FIL yelled "What?" I was trying really hard not to laugh.

Except...

She didn't get it. And my FIL had to sort of explain it to her that she was being an idiot. My Father-in-law is the poster child for you might be a redneck and he's having to explain to Lady Screams A Lot to shut her pie hole.

Priceless.

I got a good laugh out of that one for days.

Well, it took me a while to notice all the silence that was going one, but turns out Lady Screams A Lot and her crew has moved. I think they may have moved right before or right after Christmas.

And there was much rejoicing in the land!

Looks like I DID get something for Christmas after all. Peace in the hood.

3 comments:

Kerri said...

Do I hear the Hallelujah Chorus??

Anna K. said...

Blessings come in all forms! I bet the Hubs is particularly glad that she's vacated the area...

Young Wife said...

Your FIL sounds hilarious! So glad she moved!