Thursday, February 18, 2010

Blue Skies

I don't know how the weather was where you are at but today the sun was shining. It was wonderful! The guys have been stir crazy for a while so after lunch I told them to grab their coats and lets hit it.

I was almost mowed down on the mad dash to get out of the house.

One of our stops was Sam's club. When my kids were really little, the one we shopped at loved them. Everyone from the person who greeted to the person who checked us out and everyone in between. Sort of felt like Cheers. We walked through the doors and people would say, "there's my boys!" Their cuteness, and their wonderful behavior, earned them so many extra snacks it was almost shameful.

We'll also leave out how I once ran over one of my kids with a fully loaded cart cuz we were horsing around. I still don't know how it happened. Tough little kid. Who reminded me of it to try and score an extra snack.

Way to pour salt in that guilt wound.

The snacks brought up the free samples and their love for it. I had to inform the guys that they no longer do that. The gasp of shock was rather loud. Granted they were use to not scoring some serious loot now that they are older and this is a different store, but they still like to sample.

They asked me what happened and I said I heard they were cutting back. I've wondered about some of those people since we've moved. Hearing all those jobs are no more really makes me wonder about them.

We walked all around the store and there was hardly anyone even working there. And sadly there were zero samples. But I have noticed there isn't anything really new there so I guess I see their point. I also read that Wal-Mart is cutting a lot of brand names. That one I'm not happy about. While I usually grab the store brand there are some things I want name brand sooo now I'm wondering if I'll be stuck running to 5 different stores just to get all the crap I like to use.

But enough about that. "Did you see the sky today? Talk about blue." "Yes, Kronk. Riveting." - Emperor's New Groove

Did I mention it was nice to see blue skies? After seeing nothing but grey, and every shade of it, I was starting to wonder if we still had a sky or if this was the new store brand. I hear it's supposed to be nice again for Friday. I'm trying to come up with some errand to do so we can see some more sunshine. Just saw the weather report and it looks like Sunday will start off a week of grey sky and more *shudder* snow.

Cousin of mine said he couldn't believe Easter was around the corner. It is??? But, but, but it just turned February for crying out loud!! He told me to look at the calendar. 1 more month to find out our fate. I think I will follow the groundhog and just go hide in a hole.

And because I can change topics on a whim, I watched the men's figure skating. The guy who took silver - big whiner baby. Dude should look up what it means to be a gracious. Or at least what it means when you skate clean verses wobbly. Just saying.

6 comments:

Young Wife said...

The Emperor's New Groove is a great movie! I didn't realize Sam's was no longer doing samples. That's sad.

Debbie said...

These sunny days have been great!
And yes, that guy was a huge whiner. He couldn't even fake looking happy or gracious.

rthling said...

Pull the lever, Kronk.
WRONG LEVEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR!
Why do we even have that lever, anyway?

Best line!

Anonymous said...

It is useful to try everything in practise anyway and I like that here it's always possible to find something new. :)

Kerri said...

Hey Chica! Miss you LOTS. Haven't had moment one ALONE to even call and chat. I'm not ready for vaca to be over, but I would LOVE to be alone for 10 minutes!!!
Can't wait to see you though!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.