Monday, February 22, 2010

I Have Created Monsters

I'm not even sure how this came about. It sounded like a good idea - at the time. Now, I'm not so sure.

Hubby, the spawns, and I were all discussing some things. Long story really short, I let them have a facebook account. They were so geeked out over it, you would have thought I gave them the keys to the van and wished them the best of luck.

After it was all said and done, it hit me like a ton of bricks. What have I just done? And what is this going to expose them too? By the time I hit 100 on breathing through a paper bag, I was no longer that worried about it. Right now I'm hoping it will improve their typing skills.

So far, so good.

They sent out a couple friend invites and were all excited about it. We did have to tell Nicholas to reign it in a bit and for Michael to actually say something. Nicholas thanked everyone for accepting his invite to which I read that as a desperate cry for attention and sounded a tad needy. Gosh, who does that remind me of? Verses Micheal has yet to write anything and he's now in a mental lock down as he doesn't know what to say which I read that as oh Lord, he has too much of his dad in him.

My facebook peeps have informed me that there is no cure for that. Dagnabbit it.

We spent Saturday night talking- to each other - online. It was quiet except for the tappity-tap of keyboards and laughter from comments. Hubs declared us all to be losers to which I said, "And that's why I'm the fun parent."

Sunday afternoon it was so quiet. Everyone was talking to each other - online. Who knew facebook could bring peace and quiet? At least it did until they tried playing a few games. They tried Cafe World and the whole computer locked up on each of them.

I think they all feel a bit burnt by that game.

At one point I was talking to 5 people at once. 3 being my own kids.

It did dawn on me that I can't whine about them on facebook anymore. Ah well, there's always Twitter and my blog. Sheesh! As if I didn't have enough of my own junk to follow that now I have to keep tabs on all of their stuff too?

Why yes, I am a nosy parent. Why do you ask?

I did get a kick out of them. Some of their conversations were hilarious. Don't know where they get that from.

blink, blink

notice crickets pointing and laughing

threaten crickets to sell them to a candy store as I hear chocolate covered crickets are in demand

watch crickets stop laughing and turn a bit green-er and go back to chirping

I think the crickets are a bit skert now. They should be as we're getting dumped on with *shudder* snow! Glad I got out when we could. Time to go back to hibernating. At least facebook will keep us company.

5 comments:

Julie said...

More facebook addicts, huh? ... I thought I had gotten Jared addicted to facebook, but after the first week or two, he doesn't get on much at all anymore.

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Aleta said...

Hehe, love the crickets comments - that was too cute! A couple of months ago, my cousin got on FB. She has three kids and they wanted to get on FB, but she didn't allow it.... but didn't tell them that she had an account! They ended up finding out and now have one as well. Too funny!

Young Wife said...

That's why I'm the fun parent! - Hilarious!

Kerri said...

That is hilarious. I can just see you all...deathly quiet in your house except for the click clack of typing. Love ya. Miss ya.

jubilee said...

My son doesn't even talk to me on FB. Just another way he can ignore me! Actually, he's not allowed to do anything but Farmville.