Sunday, February 14, 2010

I Just Saw A Miracle

Right now I'm a bit tired and ready for bed. Blown away by how awesome God is. We had a wonderful visit with MY parents. I KNOW!!

I had called Friday but had missed them and talked with my grandma. She vented for 2 hours. I told her to have my folks call me back. I guess she didn't tell them until an hour after they got back and when my Mom called she was a bit pissy. I was so worried that was how the whole weekend was going to be.

As we waited for them to arrive all I could think was what have I done? But at the same time I just had peace I couldn't explain.

I have no idea what happened. I don't know how God got it all worked out but He did. Not a tense mood the entire time, not a mean word spoken - even once - on either side. Both of them were relaxed and not trying to prove their point. And she didn't sound like she was a loony. There were some stuff she has dropped but others she hasn't. A lot of topics were brought up and it didn't spark one fight. It really feels like I got my parents back. As in someone rewound the clock to several years back.

Dad took us out to eat for lunch. At one point both of them went to use the bathroom and I asked the boys real quick what they thought. All 3 boys gave a thumbs up. Nicholas said "I have my grandparents back." He did say he's a bit hesitant as he doesn't want it to bite him in the butt. He said we shall see.

The boys skipped going to youth group and played some Wii bowling with Dad while I helped Mom roll up yarn for a baby blanket she is knitting. We played some games with all of us - just like old times. Michael asked if they would stay another day. Mom said, "don't worry honey - God will restore it all."

When it was time for them to go, I noticed none of the boys were in any hurry to let go from the hugs. About cried on the spot! When they first arrived I gave my Dad a hug and he about squeezed the air out of me. I heard my Mom say "aww, he's been waiting for that".

Mom was able to get their social security reinstated. The full amount. They were able to get an apartment. Much nicer than the one they had before. They're able to live off of the ss which is good as they haven't been able to find work.

And we got to talking and mom made the comment about grandma doesn't always gets things right. I asked what did she mean. She said that her ring didn't get stolen - it's all packed up in their storage unit. She said she can't wait to get the apartment because they have very little clothes as all their stuff is packed up and they couldn't get to it - including the ring.

Well for heaven's sakes.

Very interesting. And a bit mind blowing. Like I said - I'm a bit fried. But very glad I did what God put on my heart to do because I just witnessed a miracle. A big miracle. A big freakin huge miracle. Not one tense word for a couple days? Not one dagger? Not a single snarky sarcastic cat fight? And the kids asked if they would stay another day?? Huge!

11 comments:

grandmamargie said...

Great news. Have a good day.

rthling said...

I'm so glad for your family.
And I'm not jealous.
Not one little bit.

SPEAKING FROM THE CRIB said...

this was wonderful news to hear.

Lorraine said...

Yessss!!!!! :))

Joanna said...

Lorraine - heehee!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

What an answer to prayer! Stopping by from SITS!

Alison said...

That is fabulous!

Julie said...

\o/ Praise the Lord!

jubilee said...

Woot! Soooo glad for you!

funny: "A big freakin huge miracle"

Young Wife said...

I'm thrilled that everything went so well! What a huge blessing!

Praise and Coffee said...

I am so happy for you!! That is wonderful!