Monday, February 15, 2010

What's Your Poison?

I think I may still be in shock over the weekend. But my Hubby did surprise me a bit even with having to put up with his in-laws for Valentine's Day. I figured chocolate would be forthcoming as he values his life. But something I crave even more is books. I swear it is my crack. I'm not allowed to go to a bookstore unsupervised.

Hubby is just as bad as I am. We figure if we stick together, one of us should have the common sense to say gosh, we need food and lights more than the 50 different books we want to get.

So far, so good.

So while I was on the phone with my grandma-ma, he was at a christian bookstore. When he got home I saw the bag and screamed, "Crack!" He thought that was really funny for some odd reason.

He got me Beth Moore's newest book as well as Facing The Giants movie which was on sale. Squeal! I think getting a book or movie on sale is as close to nirvana anyone can really get. AND he picked up The Time Traveler's Wife. We saw the movie on our anniversary. It's a good movie. Ran out and bought the book but found the movie was better than the book. How often do you hear that?? It cut out all the extra junk. Believe me, it needed to be cut out too.

And I was going somewhere with all of this but yet again the train has left the station - and I'm not on board. Really hate it when I do that. One minute I'm full steam ahead and the next I wonder who tossed my butt off the track. It's got to be someone else, right? I wouldn't be all crazy like and jump....would I?

Ah, here comes the train.

It has suddenly dawned on me that I really don't seem to have the time to read like I would like to. I could stop blogging and get a few books in but I'm sort of skert people would show up on my doorstep making all kinds of weird demands. But I have noticed that this does cause the eye twitching thing to amp up a bit.

So the blog must go on.

The only other thing to do is to stop cooking and cleaning but for some reason the guys don't want this to happen around here.

Pity.

Oh man! The train left again. Maybe I should call it a night and go to bed. I seem to be a bit scattered brained anyway. At least more so than normal.

5 comments:

Joanna said...

If I leave the 1 and only comment on a blog post that collected dust all day does that come off as too needy or just goes straight to desperate?

Anyone?

A 2 Z said...

Hi,

I'm from SITs. There are days when no one leaves a comment on my blog. I do have a feeder that reveals that there were visitors. What can I say, people are lazy LOL. Well you have a cute blog and its funny. Take care!
Anne-Marie

jubilee said...

I love me some books too! Even more than chocolate. Does that make me weird?!

Joanna said...

Thanks Anne-Marie!


Jubes - you're as weird as I am. heehee

Young Wife said...

Wow, thanks for the tip about The Time Traveler's Wife. I have NEVER heard anyone say that the movie was better than the book!