Wednesday, March 31, 2010

All Kinds Of Randomness

Typical me, this will be all over the place but it's what has been going on.

I knew it was time to change up the blog background but wasn't having much luck with the soft pastel one I wanted. Didn't help that my eyes got a bit tired and started to throb leaving me hiding under a pillow.

I went with this one and thankfully, I didn't completely lose it when I played around with Paint with the header. It doesn't quite fit but at this point I can either fix it and end up running around the room or I could actually do a blog post.

As you can see, I went with the second option.

Sooo Nicholas is now taller than me and Michael is not that far behind. The cackling from N got to be so hilarious that I tackled him, pinned him to the floor, and didn't let him up until he screamed uncle.

That's how I roll baby! I decided a long time ago that since I have 3 boys there will come a time when they are all taller than me so they need to know I still rule. When I let him up after we were cracking up laughing, he said that I rock. We were still laughing about it when it was time to kick his butt off to bed.

As they were going up the steps, I heard them laughing and just being them and it gave me a nice happy sigh. After all the clashes and ups and downs it is really nice to get to this point with them.

While things have been pretty cool with them, I can tell Hubby is trying really hard not to stress out. There are days where it looks like all doors are closed and the windows are all sealed shut and the tube is filling up with water.

A lot of nos. No clear path, no clear direction - no direction at all. So it has been challenging to say the least. There have been a few times I've wrung my hands and said, "Oh my goodness!" which gave me a flashback to Duffy from the movie Annie. After I slipper slapped myself a few times I stopped.

Hubs was telling me how he wakes up to the disappointment - one less day to be at the house he loves. We've both commented how much more we liked the place after switching the 2 rooms around and rearranged the living room. We're both still a bit dazed at how fast life has just sort of crumbled. You bust your butt off for something and before you know it, things turn real quick and you stand there watching it slip right through your fingers.

Sigh

There are times that I wonder if God isn't getting us out of here for a reason. We've had a continual roof leak that no matter how many times Hubs fixes it still is an issue. Not to mention all the bats we've had to deal with. Lately we've had a ton of ants. Makes me wonder.

And in other news, Babs has been looking a bit rough. My hair, having not getting it cut, is longer than Babs. So I got a longer Babette. Except it's not quite the same - more hair and a bit harder to work with. Brings even more sass. I haven't quite gotten the hang of it yet. Went a slightly different color and it's just going to take me a while to get the hang of it. Pictures will have to wait until I can manage the mop.

But I do have options and that just thrills me to no end. Goodness knows, I can't make up my mind for anything. I mean, sometimes you feel like a nut and sometimes you don't.

5 comments:

Anna K. said...

I know what you mean about smiling over the way your boys interact. I was listening to mine laugh and play this evening and it was heavenly!

God always has a reason and a purpose and it's always for our good, baby. I'm praying that your faith will be met with tangible evidence of that fact! :-D

Kerri said...

Babbs the 2nd is fastastic!!! I have total hair envy!!! GORGEOUS. Love it.

Young Wife said...

Oh, my goodness! Oh, my goodness! Haven't seen Annie in years. ;) Praying for you.

jubilee said...

Ugh. Hair issues are the worst. Relatively speaking, of course . . .

Sunday said...

I can't wait to see the new Babbs. Enjoy those boys while you can. There is nothing like having one that reminds you that they are going to be 18 any minute and then they get to be the boss of themself...muwhahahaha, yeah right, we'll see won't we.