Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Let The Battle Begin

When we last left our heroine, she was in the middle of a battle trying to conquer all things that stink. One should weep with laughter at the irony that she lives with 4 guys. But the battle was put on hold for another battle. An epic battle of Monopoly. The fighting has been intense. For days this battle has been going on.

The first round I won and I'm still shocked over it. Why you ask? Because I never won before. I now think that my brother probably cheated a few times. Or I finally understand strategy. Maybe a bit of a toss up on that one.

The funny part was Nicholas was so peeved about the whole thing that he was just stewing over it. I suggested another round the next day which he jumped all over it. Battle number 2 took me right out as I was the first one to bite the dust. But their Dad ended up being the champ on that one.

Today he was still stewing over it. Not as bad but you could still see it in the sneer which kept popping up. So when dinner was over you could tell it was on. I looked over at him and slightly raised an eyebrow. I swear I heard some sort of theme song that had the tumbleweed blow across the room.

Darn dust bunnies.

He looked back and gave a nod of approval. He then asked his Dad. Feeling smug from his victory the day before, said yes. He was also the first one to get blown out of the water. Michael was next to go. I thought I had a shot at hanging in there but the evil chance card killed that thought. Advance to boardwalk and it was all over for me. N had put a hotel on it and rent was 2000. Wiped me right out.

Then it took Nicholas and Jared 2 hours to duke it out. I will give J credit - he only had 1 monopoly. With N taking everyone else out - he owned the board. J was able to get hotels on his stuff and just when you think it was all over - bam! he was back on top. I was worried a couple of times N was going to lose it. He finally said enough of this and put houses on everything else and ended up using all the hotels. Needless to say Jared was toast.

There is now peace in the land. At least until I tell them they have to help me make a grocery list. You would think with as much food as these guys eat they would have all kinds of helpful suggestions on what they want or at least willing to eat.

Bet my Mom put some sort of whammy on me as I didn't help her with the grocery list either when I was a kid.

7 comments:

Kerri said...

My brother used to kick my butt in Monopoly too! I think HE cheated... I'm 99% sure. No one can win ALL the time!!

Kaye Butler said...

The Butlers used to play Monopoly, eat homemade cheese dip/chips and kraut and weenies on New Years Eve when Tim and I were dating...it lasted forever back then...

memories

Kaye Butler said...

p.s. you come back with a vengence! Been missing the heroine stuff

Dianne said...

uuummm ok, that was just random...God, I love you. Welcome Back!

Lorraine said...

My highlight in game playing is when I can win Trouble. My 5yo grandson wins 95% of the time! How can that be???

Julie said...

My kids love Monopoly (as I did when I was a kid) ... but I'm not much of a game person, so I never play it anymore...

Anna K. said...

We've been doing the game thing recently, too. We played a new one the other day...something called Blokus. It was pretty fun but I'd rather take the Hubby on in Rummy or Scrabble any day!