Thursday, April 22, 2010

Ooooops

If you've been to this blog more than once, than you figured out real quick I march to a different drum beat. One that may, or may not, be a bit off the norm at any given time.

I had a blog post all set to go when I got a big STOP. I didn't think it was that big of a deal as I had posted something about it on my profile on facebook. The more I tappity-tapped away the more uneasy I felt. So much so that I could not hit publish.

It was a wally world post and yes, there was gas involved. Why this post should cause me to pause I'm not sure. But really felt like God told me to be considerate of the boys' feelings. Say what? This is my place to vent! There are so many times I am on my good behavior in front of them as I don't want to be the example for the day of how not to be - again. While I spend a lot of time on that list - for some reason I felt this was different.


Fast forward to lunch time, we're all sitting around and I asked them about what I said and if it bothered them. Oh yes it did! I went on to tell them about the blog post - even read it to them - they were not amused and did NOT find it funny nor gave me permission to use any of it. Especially one part where I said someone needs to now shave as 3 fu-man-chu hairs are growing off his chin. I begged to add that part as I find it funny. He didn't.

Um, do me a fav and strike that last part out.

I even told them that for me it is hitting me like a ton of bricks how fast time is slipping by. I find it both fascinating and frightening to watch them morph into manhood. They aren't cutting me any slack.

That's some of the reason April as been a lean blog month. There are things I would like to blog about but I'm trying to find that line. Plus, where is it my right as a parent and their right as an individual? Most of the time I would say screw it - I've had to survive this circus and if this is how I cope, so be it. But for some reason, this time I was told not to and I do want to respect that.

Sort of interesting timing too as just a few weeks ago I ended up reading a few other blog posts about other bloggers running into this problem. We're proud of our kids, we love them dearly, yet they drive us nuts and sometimes this is an evil way at revenge.


I don't want to emotionally scar them any more than what I normally do soooo....

Any suggestions on what to blog about now??

5 comments:

grandmamargie said...

No suggestions, but you made the right decision not to post it. See, God is leading you.

Kerri said...

You could always speak "hypothetically."

Tough call though...they are old enough to make their opinion known, and I think you made the right call, but I know what you mean about wanting to post about them.

Our kids are awesome, they drive us nuts, we love then, they drive us nuts... : )

OH!! I got the Beth Moore DVD's!!! As in won them, don't have them yet. Whooo-Hoo!!!

Young Wife said...

I think it's great that you're respecting their opinions, but it does stink when you want to vent buy can't 'cause family reads the blog!

Julie said...

It does get harder to find things to blog about the kids, as they get older... There are things I can't talk about on my blog too ... Not too much yet, but I'm sure there will be more, as they get older.

http://scrapgrrl.com/

jubilee said...

Hmm . . . have no answers since I have yet to come up against this. Sorry I can't be of help. It won't be long before my kid figures out I've been writing about him too.