Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Testify

Should I put a disclaimer? I'm not putting down anyone's beliefs nor claim my beliefs are better blah, blah, blah. This is what I'm going through so hush. Don't agree? That is fine.

There. Are we good?

Sooo, ya'll know how much auntie flo kicks the snot out of me, right? Well...

A few months ago, I was talking to my cousin on Skype. She was asking me the difference between demonic oppression and possession. I pulled a book out by Derek Prince, who sort of has the basic 101 on all that. I don't claim to know all the ins and outs but my understanding is someone who has asked Jesus to be their Lord and Savior can not be possessed. But they can be oppressed - harassed - etc.

Do tell. That would sort of explain the last few months that's fo sure.

Anyhoo, I was flipping through this book when I came across this section that was talking about female issues, miscarriages etc all being part of a curse. All of a sudden, it was like a light bulb went off. I have been prayed over to be healed for YEARS in this department. I will be honest, that was sort of a bone for me. Felt like God was holding out on me. Plus, I've had people who have prayed for my healing get mad at me for not getting healed. Was told the whole 'you don't have enough faith' placing all the blame on me.

Don't get me started on that one.

I had scriptures on healing taped all over the place but mainly in the bathroom so every time I had to change a pad - I was quoting healing scriptures.

So would you like to know how many people had prayed against a curse? None. Myself included.

I will give a shout out to living with these guys. After all the weapon shows we have watched - it really is important to use the right weapon for the right job. I have been praying to get healed which, in this case, was like shooting a bow and arrow when I needed a blunderbuss for the brick wall.

Don't ask - it's a pirate thing.

There I was, realizing I had been using the wrong weapon and pretty much been blaming God for not holding up His end. Well, kiss mah grits, if that don't beat all. It's a good thing He is so patient and loooong suffering or I'm not sure I would have made it beyond day 2. And even that is in question.

When we were coming back from our camping trip, we were listening to an old Kenneth Copeland teaching tape. He said something that just really clicked for me. He was talking about being redeemed from the curse and we have the Name of Jesus. Anything with a name HAS to bow it's knee to Thee Name. I've heard this before but it had a whole different take this time around.

Aunt flo had already shown up and I kept saying I'm redeemed from the curse. I kept saying this off and on for a few days. Had a normal period! It wasn't heavy and it stopped all on it's own at the right time. I'm not wiped out like usual. Because I'm redeemed from the curse, baby!

Hallelujah! This is huge!! Years and years of this crap with no rhyme or reason behind it.

Here are a few things I have learned. 1. each person is different and you can read that Jesus healed people differently. To have the mindset that I can only be healed by X - then you are setting yourself up for trouble. I know as I've done it. 2. this isn't some magic 8 ball nor is it a formula that you pray this way every time with the same results. It is walking with God having a relationship and finding out what He wants you to do and how He wants to do it. He can "heal" you through a doctor or through an instant fix. Or you may have to take up your weapons and drive the enemy out. I've seen both - done both. It's a good idea to find out from the General what weapon you are to use.

For whatever reason, I never paid much attention to the S on the end of weapon. We have weapons to take down spiritual strongholds (read Eph. 6). I'm not sure why it clicked this time, don't know if it was a timing thing, or a wrong mindset on my part but I am very happy it all clicked. Years and years of prayer to get healed and got a big fat zero. I was so frustrated. It certainly has been a curse because it has robbed me of many things. I prayed against a curse and things are working!!

Certainly sounds like oppression to me. A curse is burdensome. Weighs you down. Sucks the life right out of you on all levels. If that isn't oppression then it must be the makings of some new vampire thriller. I think I'll pass.

I ran into someone I hadn't seen for a while and she asked how we were doing. I said pressed but blessed. I got nothing else - me and Jesus. There are days I feel like such a failure on every level but I got Jesus. I'm finding He's more than enough. I have been pressed down on so many levels that there has GOT to be something just ready to break open for the good. Matter of fact, I think it's already starting. Knowing that is a blessing all by itself.

7 comments:

Jill V. said...

AMEN SISTA! That is awesome! And thanks for being an encouragment also! You may not realize it, but your postings are not only hilarious, but timely and RIGHT ON! You so totally rock ! Hav a wondermous day!

Fuschia said...

"It is walking with God having a relationship and finding out what He wants you to do and how He wants to do it."...pretty much sums up all of life, doesn't it?

As I was reading the part about being pressed, I was thinking about how when you press something it becomes more dense, more concentrated...more STRONG!!!!!

Praising God with you, my sister.

Dianne said...

The devil doesn't mess with the ones he has already, only those he DOESN'T have...

Kerri said...

YAY!!!! So glad you shared this! It's so important for others to see that God DOES work...and evern to see HOW He works. Had a great time last night....I will have to call you tomorrow to fill you in on a couple of things.

SO when can Fred come to orgaize? Wait til I tell you THAT one....

Young Wife said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better. I'm sorry people got mad at you for not being healed. That's just silly.

Praise and Coffee said...

Awesome. I think you and Jesus are enough too!!!

Very encouraging!
Sue

Shell said...

This is such an awesome post- I love bloggers that make me think.