Friday, June 25, 2010

Captain's Log No. 345

All sense of time and schedule has been banished. No longer can I remember what date it is. Children have to stop and think when was the last time they took a shower. Husband person under foot at all times causing irrational outbursts. I'm coming to the conclusion that he is carting some form of styrofoam around on his person thus weakening my resolve to put up with all these guys.

The spawn are doing their own thing and surprisingly they are all getting along. Hooray for summer. The thing is I have yet to do anything I've been wanting to do. I'm slightly concerned that the moment - the hallelujah moment when I get to finally do what I want to do that will be the moment the utopia feelings of peace of quiet will end.

Some things just never change.

The thing that gets me about all this is I know I've spent most of their lives wanting a few moments to myself yet when it's time for them to spread their wings and take flight, I'll be the weepy one hanging onto their legs bawling just a few more years.

Oh irony, you are such a pain in the butt.

Speaking of...

Boys have been slightly complaining that I have been gone a lot lately. We've been hitting the movies a lot lately. Sort of takes the brain off the whole 'holy crap what are we going to do moments' that just seem to be floating around all the time. We have hit the jackpot on movies lately. Loved Iron Man2, A-Team, Toy Story 3 - Shrek 4 wasn't bad and saw Killers and it was a lot better than what I thought. Hubby and I went and saw Knight and Day with Tom Cruise. Oh my word, loved it!! It was so good I'm willing to take the guys just so I can see it again.


So at least we've had something fun we've been doing. Which is good because come the end of the year it's going to be a whole different story.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

I don't even remember the last movie I saw in a theatre... Sigh.

Julie said...

I want to go see Toy Story 3 in the theater so bad!!! ... But right now money is tight, and it costs way too much to take the 6 of us to the movies. *sigh*

http://scrapgrrl.com/