Friday, October 29, 2010

And Here We Go...

Busy weekend going into a busy week. I'm pretty sure I'll need another week just to recover!

Not much to report - just odds and ends going on. Michael got me totally hooked on Jeremy Camp's new worship album, which the name escapes me right this moment. But it's really good! I got to chuckling at M. He's already figuring out a lot of the songs on his guitar. He almost has King Jesus spot on! I'm quite impressed with him.

Nicholas finished reading Robinson Crusoe and got his book report done. This was the child I about had to tie to a chair to read a book. He cracks me up on all his techie abilities. Sat at one computer and figured a few things out while doing his report. Dude is quickly passing me on the techie stuff.

Sadly, Jared has picked up the I think school is a total waste of time attitude and I have had to keep at him last few weeks. The older 2 are perfectionist verses dude could care less. Can't win for nothing.

I'm trying to keep them busy but it is sort of failing. They are about bouncing off the walls as we are on the home stretch.

Hold me. I don't know if I can keep the fake smile of happiness on much longer. After 3 months of the countdown the happy is goooone. Now all I can think about is getting it over with so they will knock it off. But I have a feeling the countdown will switch to Christmas. Whee.

In an attempt to ignore them, I've had my nose stuck in different books for the last few weeks. Epic Nerfdom going on. Hubs came home with his own Nerf gun and they have been plotting and planning. It's enough to make a woman gag and then render herself unconscious.

Francine Rivers has a couple new books out - good stuff but the second one I needed a box of Kleenexes. I think it's a Mother's Hope and a Daughter's Dream. Found them both at Sam's Club - grabbed the first one a few months ago so I was happy to see the second one out early. Muwahaha.

While at Sammy's - Vince Flynn had a new one out. I lurv me his character Mitch Rapp! I have really enjoyed the whole series. Page turner! It's a lot cleaner than Tom Clancy's novels - which he has a new book coming out in Dec. It has Jack Ryan Jr and Clark. I had to own up to Hubs I don't think I've read the last couple of Clancy's novels. I haven't read anything with Jack Jr. This got me the look of horror of how could I. The nerve of me.

There is only so much I can take. I have to pace myself. All spy, all guy stuff, all the time is NOT my cup of tea. Will someone please explain that to these people I live with - especially Hubster?

Not to mention these are hurking huge books. I'm not a super fast reader and these guys complain if I refuse to cook because I can't put a book down. Even though it has happened a time or 100. Although, I did just pick up Flynn's book yesterday and I'm more than half way through it so go me. I have a feeling I'm going to stay up late tonight to finish it. It will work out perfect as the guys are going to another gun and knife show. I asked Hubs not to arm the spawn again but the sheepish look I got wasn't encouraging, especially when he said it's a guy thing.

Good granny!! How did I get stuck in this world??? I asked Hubs if I could sue him for fraud. He laughed at me. I'm thinking I wouldn't get much out of him anyways. My Mom was even teasing me, said I've been around the guys too much. Geez, ya think? My van is dead so I can't even escape.

My goal this weekend is to get rid of the stale frito smell that seems to be eking from the guys' room. I will be armed with a can of Fabreeze and a big stick to beat the stench down. Wish me luck! And if you don't hear from me for a few days - then the stench won.

3 comments:

Julie said...

It's been a while since I snuggled up with a good book. I never seem to have the time anymore... But pretty soon my bookshelves will start calling. ;)

http://scrapgrrl.com/

jubilee said...

I used to always have my nose in a book. But the laundry lurks and grows and becomes mountainous so quickly!

Kerri said...

Ihave so many books I want to read! I've actually got 2 started right now: One on illegal immigration, theBride Collector by Ted Dekker, and a bok called blindsight by James Pence. I got that from a book club-review place. So far it is AWESOME! I can only read as much as my hands and eyes allow though...POO!