Thursday, October 21, 2010

My Life Is Stranger Than Fiction

After my last post of I will triumph - we will survive, Hubs announced he's back on unemployment as of today.

Say what??

And I take crap for having a slightly bent view on life because why? What bent view you ask? You must be new. How about not only is the glass half empty, but it's either busted and is slowly leaking OR someone took a big slurp out of it and I'm pretty sure I now see floaties in the glass.

My Dad always said people said to cheer up it could be worse, so I cheered up and sure enough, it got worse. He told me it was a joke and was never meant to be my motto in life. I said once life starts to work, I'll get a new one.

I think it maybe a toss up between - I'll own my crazy if you own your stupid OR if you can't grow pretty hair, buy some. I may have to just go with both. If you can't grow pretty hair, buy some and if that makes me crazy, then I'll own my crazy if you own your stupid.

I asked Hubs where did this put the quest for another vehicle. He said he's moving forward. Then he asked what I thought. At this point, I refuse to think because it really hasn't served me too well lately so why rely on it now? I'm coping by sitting in a corner, wrapped in a blanket, and sucking on some M&Ms.

Judge away because I don't freaking care. And I think I can say that with confidence because I hid the bag of candy corn. One must have a back up plan.

Since I was wrapped in a blanket, I wasn't hopping up and down, and I kept my hands wrapped around a bag of M&Ms so as not to wring them. Therefore, the spawn didn't pick up any distress from the me.


Score points for pretending to be calm.

Once the guys heard the news, they congratulated me for getting their b-day presents early. Even apologize for a few snarky comments on how they thought it was just to torment them. I just snicker because they were on sale and the past has taught me if I put if off to the last minute, it will bite me in the butt. That and my negative self felt better to be safe than sorry.


Right now, I like that negative, crusty broad for coming through for me. Her lack of trust in people and life in general is serving me well. Go me!

And that is why I get the whole bag of candy corn.

3 comments:

Fuschia said...

"Right now, I like that negative, crusty broad for coming through for me. Her lack of trust in people and life in general is serving me well." - Amen, and amen!

The parallel universe theory was just proven by this post.

Love you, girl!

Kerri said...

Wub you.

Debbie said...

Always better to be safe than sorry!