Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I Am Thankful

I know that comes as a surprise to most of you. I'm not known for being overly cheerful unless I'm in a total spastic mood which, sad to say, has been few and far these last 5 years. It used to be pretty regular but life has been too hard. But through these hard years, I am so thankful for my husband and my boys. They have been the only ones I can count on and that means a lot to me.

My guys, my Hubby. That is what I'm thankful for. I feel like thankful isn't the right word for the gratefulness I feel towards God. He has been showing me some stuff lately about myself and about others that has just been oh, I get it - now! Having some serious God time lately has put both Hubs and I in good moods. So much so, that we totally got our goof on last couple of days. We have been cleaning. Or I should say debating about what is clean and holy crap what ARE you thinking???

I'll leave it to you to decide who was on which side.

We were just in good moods and was just enjoying being with each other while we tackled mountains of dust bunnies and came up with a game plan for turkey day and how we were going to divide and conquer. But I am so very thankful for my husband. Dude has my back. I love him so much even when he drives me crazy to the point where I'm holding a frying pan muttering some form of Yiddish and/or cussing him out.

Believe me he can get me there with little effort lately. We have been having what you would say a failure to communicate. He doesn't listen to a blooming thing I have to say. It's not done out of spite or meanness - he's just a guy that is immune to a woman's voice. You would think all the screaming, wringing of hands, and the constant need to cross myself even though we aren't Catholic would have been flags for him to notice but then again, that's what I get for thinking. We're getting there. It's just been a slow climb out of a very deep pit.


So what are you thankful for?

4 comments:

Fuschia said...

Very nice post!

I, too, am thankfuol for my man. We, too, have been through some sh...stuff the last couple years. But I do know he loves me, why I'll never truly know, and I know that we are committed to this thing called marriage. I also know that he loves God, and wants to do what is right. THAT is worth more than I can express!!

Happy Thanksgiving, friend. Love you!

Kerri said...

You. My hubs. Jacob.

Oh, and you can count on me.

Young Wife said...

I'm thankful for my husband, employment and health insurance. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Julie said...

I, too, am thankful for the hubby and my wonderful kids! They are my life, and I don't know where I would be without them...

http://scrapgrrl.com/