Monday, December 27, 2010

Holy Darts Batman

I stopped counting how many times I heard this was the best Christmas ever! And that was just from Hubs. To say it has been a zoo would be an understatement. The noise, even the smell has been a bit much for my delicate senses to take in.

The epic Nerfpalooza has gone well. I do have pictures but all you can see are tiny streaks as the darts fly by. And they didn't show up very well. You would think the obnoxious orange colored things would show up wonderfully. Wrong-o! I was even able to record a short clip of it off my camera, which I'm still surprised it could do that, but now have no idea how to post it.

Every pillow, chair, and blanket was confiscated to create forts. If they expect dinner tonight then someone is going to have to take their fort down so we can use the table. I'm trying my darndest to get out of cooking. So far it's not looking good for the home team. You would think with all the reading laundry I'm trying to get done this would give me an out. Yeah, think again.

But we have been having a lot of fun. They are in the other 2 rooms having a blast - literally, and I'm in the room with the wood burning stove, a new sherpa blanket and a nice stack of books. And I'm near the kitchen so if I snagged something they know nothing about it. Muwahahaa!

I now have a bit of a conundrum. My in-laws were supposed to be coming up for New Years but my FIL is on call with the plant so they won't be able to make it until the following week. Eat all this junk I've planned for New Year's without others to share it with?? Oh golly gee....OK! But I was so using the in-law visit to get out my Dad's family Christmas thing. It's not that I don't like that side of the family but there are a few cousins that you just know were Ritalin sniffers in their younger years and the effects showed up in their children. It's those types of "relatives" I would like to avoid.

On top of that, some of them ratted me out to my folks what I was putting on facebook about them. I was going to put For Sale - 1 P.I.T.A. mother - will toss in laid back Dad in for free. And then see who could figure out what pita was standing for but my spider senses were tingling telling me that would so get found out.

Dang it.

What's the point of ripping on someone if they find out about it???

Show of hands on who's trying to figure it out.

Pain
In
The
As I was saying, I have a feeling I would so get caught.


For instance, my Mom won't even bring up the gathering as I have an out BUT as luck would have it (as in I'm screwed) the in-laws will be landing just in time for my birthday. Oh happy day. And Mumsy called me Sunday to say they might come up for my birthday. Cwap.

I just want to say whoever has been praying a whammy on me, it will come back on you cuz I'm rubber and you're glue.

I blew it off with a we'll see. I looked at Hubs and begged him to move me several states away - like now. Sadly, no such luck. Looks like I'll be spinning the wheel of doom a few more times to see what it has in store for me.

You can just tell I'm just full of excitement and wonder. And a few of you are thinking I'm full of something but it's neither excitement or wonder. That's not entirely true because I now wonder if that is the cause of some of my insomnia. Eh, probably not.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Glad you had a nice Christmas... Just hope you have a good New Years as well...

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Joanna said...

Thanks Julie!

Debbie said...

The worst part of the internet is that everyone can get in on a good joke and just ruin it!