Thursday, January 20, 2011

As If

I'm under orders not to stay up too late.

As if.

I don't see this happening.

I was up late last couple nights as I was reading a good book and couldn't put it down. I'm wondering if this lack of sleep is what triggered me giving up on the will to do laundry. While I'm aware this is going to cause a problem in the near future so far it's working out just fine. I did give up the will to cook this afternoon but a pan of brownies brought me back from the brink.

For both people that read this blog, my MIL did send me an apology regarding the snafu email. I am still laughing about it. I reassured her my feelings where not hurt but she should stop assuming that she knows what I'm thinking.

Able to rightfully tell your MIL off? Priceless.

Not much else to blog about. It all falls under blah, blah, blah who cares and we have no life so what is the point? But this gave me the chuckles and I just knew you would laugh right along with me.

Little boy comes down to breakfast. Since they live on a farm, his mother asks if he had done his chores.

"Not yet," said the little boy.

His mother tells him no breakfast until he does his chores. Well, he's a little ticked off, so he goes to feed the chickens, and he kicks a chicken. He goes to feed the cows, and he kicks a cow. He goes to feed the pigs, and he kicks a pig. He goes back in for breakfast and his mother gives him a bowl of dry cereal.

"How come I don't get any eggs and bacon? Why don't I have any milk in my cereal?" he asks.

"Well," his mother says, "I saw you kick a chicken, so you don't get any eggs for a week. I saw you kick the pig, so you don't get any bacon for a week either. I saw you kick the cow so for a week you aren't getting any milk."

Just then, his father comes down for breakfast and kicks the cat halfway across the kitchen.

The little boy looks up at his mother with a smile, and says, "You gonna tell him or should I?"

I could not stop laughing at that one.


SENIORS BATHTUB TEST

During a visit to my doctor, I asked him, "How do you determine whether or not a senior should be put in an old age home?"

"Well," he said, "we fill up a bathtub, then we offer a teaspoon, a teacup and a bucket to the senior and ask him or her to empty the bathtub"

"Oh, I understand," I said. "A normal person would use the bucket because it is bigger than the spoon or the teacup."

"No" he said. "A normal person would pull the plug. Do you want a bed near the window?"


(thanks Margie)
I just got off the phone with a friend in North Dakota. He said that since early this morning the snow has been nearly waist high and is still falling. The temperature is dropping below zero and the north wind is increasing. His wife has done nothing but look through the kitchen window all day. He says that if it gets much worse, he may have to let her in.

5 comments:

grandmamargie said...

You're welcome. :)

Tater Mama said...

I love a good joke or two and will have a good time passing these along today. Thanks for the giggles.

Julie said...

Thanks for the laughs. :)

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Kristen @ ladybug-blessings.com said...

thanks so much for stopping by! I have been SO bad (horrible really) at commenting. I still read through google reader but I am not very good at commenting :) So I apologize and thank you for still coming and saying hello!

Joanna said...

Kristen - no worries. I've been pretty bad about it myself. But your dog is so darn cute I had to comment. :)