Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hello New Year

I thought I would try and put your mind at ease, 2011. I know you were a bit skert to show up especially after 2010 ratted me out on what I did to 2009. I can't say they were all lies. Yes, it is true I did welcome 2010 with a baseball bat and a dare. I will say it sort of worked as it didn't pull any of 09's shenanigans. Let me be clear, I am still dancing on 09's grave. While 2010 wasn't the best of years it certainly was a lot better than the previous few before it. There were some low points but there were also good things that happened. I can't say I'm completely out of the grave but progress has been made.

Speaking of graves, you will notice there are no grave markers for 10. May that serve you as a lesson 2011. You don't dump a bunch of crap on me and we will get along. You try going all PMS on me and you will feel my wrath. Although I do have a feeling this is going to be a good year. I know bumps are in store but nothing major - at least I hope.

So right now I am enjoying that new smell of a freshly unwrapped year with lots of hope and whispers of promises of better things. Please don't disappoint me. I'm still fragile. I also still have that baseball bat as well as the shovel. Just saying.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Here's hoping 2011 treats you well. :)

http://scrapgrrl.com

Joanna said...

Thanks Julie! You too!!

Kerri said...

Happy New Year a bit late, girlfriend!