Monday, January 3, 2011

I Seem To Be Having A Hard Time Making Up My Mind

While I know that title is a duh in and of itself but this has to do with the blog background. I think I've changed it like 4 times. Don't panic it's not your eyes playing tricks I just can't make up my mind. I had sort of a Christmas/Winter but didn't know if I liked it or not. I may put back up what I had this time last year. That is if I can ever make up my mind.

For the first time in like forever I didn't want to take the Christmas tree down. I wanted all the freaking Nerf forts to come down but I'm stuck with those for a couple more days until the in-laws come up.

Why do I feel like I'm not winning on this situation?

Anyway, I'm wondering if that is why I was sort of stuck with the Christmas theme. The month flew by way too fast. I kept saying all weekend I couldn't believe Christmas was over and the guys kept telling me to buckle up because the year was over. Sigh

Our tradition has always been to put up the Christmas stuff while the rest of you people are killing yourself on Black Friday but then New Year's Day we take all the stuff down. I dragged my feet all weekend. Hubs, still not working, had his game face on this morning so we tackled all the Christmas stuff.

Still stuck with Nerf forts but only in the living room cuz we had to take the other one off the table or I refused to cook. Forever. What can I say? I play hard ball.

I really want to give a shout out to Hubs, while he only reads this when I force him to, all his help this last month was wonderful. Lifted a lot of the burden off of me. He help with baking cookies, cleaning - everything. Maybe that's why it's been a nice holiday - I didn't feel stuck with all the work.

We had fun just hanging out New Year's Eve. Played a few board games with the guys and went to town on that Swiss mushroom loaf. Had time to go through my journal and spend time praying about the new year. Feel like it's going to be good with new changes. I think that's both good and scary all at the same time. We shall see what all pans out.

1 comments:

Kerri said...

I LOVE the background you decided on!