Thursday, February 3, 2011

Because I AM That Mean

I made the guys do school work and quietly laughed about it and slept in because Hubs was home. Then I spent most of the day reading. It was wonderful.

I have to say that those peppermint patty brownies were delicious BUT were hard as hockey pucks the next day. Had to reheat the things and, of course, served with more ice cream. While a few people are cussing me out for even mentioning it, there are a few that have no clue what I'm talking about.

Peppermint Patty Brownies - make brownie batter for a 13x9, reserve 1 cup worth. Spread rest of batter into greased 13x9 pan, unwrap a butt load of peppermint patties and make a single layer on top of batter. Spread remaining batter on top, bake according to package directions.

I read about this recipe in a book. It is easy and it is good. What more could you ask for?

I got a few phone calls to see if we were surviving. I cracked and said nope, totally did not survive and you are just listening to my finally message. 2 people thought it was funny, 1 did not. Leave it to my Mom to suck the joy out of sarcasm. The only thing worse is people who don't get it. They truly have my pity.

We survived. Didn't lose power. Just another day in frozen nose hair land.

1 comments:

Kerri said...

YAY for not losing power! We didn't either, miracle of miracles! We didn't get near what they were predicting though.