Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow, Snow, And More Snow

I think the weathermen are all bored and are hyped up on energy drinks as we have been pelted with constant SNOW!!! IT'S COMING AND IT'S GOING TO BE BAD!!!!

It's like talking to J when he's all jacked up on sugar. Which is most of the time.

From what I heard this here snow storm of '11 is being compared to the blizzard of '78. I was 4 and I sort of remember it. I remember that the snow was taller than me and I was only outside for a little bit because when everything is taller than you - you can't do much or make it that far.

My Mom called to make sure I've got enough milk and bread, and if we have wood on the porch and gas for the snow blower. Part of me wanted to jerk her chain and tell her no, we are so screwed and have no way of getting any of that just to see what she would do. Luckily for her, I restrain myself because with my luck she would brave the storm just to bring me a loaf of bread and a gallon of milk.

I wish I was kidding. It's not all wow, she has my back. It's more like hey, I'm bored and I want something to do. I so understand this feeling now.

I reassured her like several times that we were set. Sadly a snarky remark slip out that I'm sure after years of living in the snow belt, we got it pretty figured out by now. She said that they are to get ice and some snow. My MIL said that are only getting ice. I guess I'll take the snow if those are my choices.

So if we get snow and Mr. Groundhog doesn't see his shadow as we're too busy being buried alive, does this mean an early Spring? From what the weather people are saying it will take us that long to deal with all the snow so I say we drop kick the rodent and call it even.

But this means that I need to watch Groundhog Day. I might make it a marathon - see how many times we can watch it back to back before one of the spawn start to twitch.

I thought the snow wasn't going to show up until Tuesday evening but it's already snowing hard now. I shouldn't be surprised. Last I heard the weatherman was screaming to run to the store and get 3 melons to prepare for the ice age. Ba-dum-bum-bum.

4 comments:

grandmamargie said...

We're getting heavy rains, lightening, possible snow/ice mix and high winds, possible tornadoes. Then temps down in teens with wind chill in the negatives.

Julie said...

No snow in sight here. I was hoping for one good snow day, with the dreamed for 5 inches (we're lucky to get half an inch), but no such luck this year... Maybe next winter we'll get a good snow fall. :)

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Young Wife said...

I laughed out loud at the bit about a Groundhog Day marathon!

Kerri said...

Groundhog Day: one of the best movies ever!! I wrote on facebook about all the hype too! It's like, oh my GOSH people...it's SNOW. We live in MICHIGAN. It's FEBRUARY. Geez!