Thursday, February 17, 2011

Whoops

Why I am upright at 3 am is beyond me. It was a long day to boot. I even gave all the guys hair cuts and I'm sitting here all itchy from the hair clippings.

It was sort of a day where there was much wringing of the hands. I am a very close personal friend to procrastination and have fallen behind on grading the boys' algebra. Slugged through all of that - times 2 - and have come to the conclusion I still hate algebra.

The guys are doing really well and are holding down an A/B. If I would get around to it and figure out all the percentages and averages I would know if they fell on the A side or the B side.

I'm sure I'll get to it some day.

The funny side to this is thanks to Hubs having to help the boys out and explain math junk, karma has decided to reward him. While I'm not supposed to say anything, Hubs is taking some online courses as he is in the process of huge change but can't go there yet. He had 3 sections on math and wouldn't you know it, he flew right through it. He said helping the boys blew the dust off of those early math stuff and totally came in handy.

The boys, however, hearing that algebra would come around again in the future did not cheer them up. Matter of fact, a very long rant of the evils of algebra was had after this realization. And that was just from me.

So all this math talk brought out the need for chocolate. The guys polished off all the Valentine's candy and they were pilfering through my stash. Desperate times call for desperate measures and I made a Hot Fudge Pie. It was easy and good but wasn't what I was expecting.

Pie Crust
Brownie Batter
1/2 cup chocolate sauce
chopped nuts - walnuts or pecans.

Pie crust is my nemesis so I only use the cut open and unroll type. Put in pie plate; mix up brownie batter and dump into pie crust. Squirt chocolate sauce (duh Hershey's - what else?) on top and sprinkle with nuts. Bake 350 40-45 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.

It was really good and weird all at the same time. You would think there would be a brownie texture but you would be really wrong. It turned into hot fudge sauce with a slight cake like topping but all in a pie crust . Serve it with ice cream and this was beyond yum.

And I just remembered that some of you are dieting and on a sugar fast. You now hate me. And you really should because that bad boy was awesome!! I don't know which I like more, this or the peppermint brownies.

I better go into hiding before people start throwing things in my direction. If it makes you feel better, I've been neck deep plotting and planning for next year's school stuff and I was beyond miserable.

At least I was until I had a slice of this pie.

1 comments:

Kerri said...

YAY for Fred! Glad to hear things are going well with his stuff.