Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Just Dawned On Me

That ALL my posts are horribly random. There is no connection. I just sort of blather on and on. Suddenly the lack of blog traffic makes total sense. Who wants to watch the painful unravel of....hey, found some chocolate.

Where was I?

My get up and go finally came back. I sort of regretted it because I needed to tackle the guys' bedding. Every now and then I get hit with a thought, like, 'when was the last time I washed that?' You just know it's going to go downhill from there. Especially when you have to try really hard to remember. How I kept the gagging under wraps is still a mystery. But after many hours, the stench is gone. The guys were so happy and when I asked why no one said anything, all I got was the typical guy response of I dunno know.

Alrighty then.

I did take this epic laundry battle right down to the wire. Someone got a fresh hot comforter as they were going off to bed. Minor detail. While I was waiting on the washing machine, I sort of zoned out with TV. I am loving watching Dancing With The Stars to watch Kirstie Alley slim away every week. But after that, all that was on was nothing but coverage of the upcoming royal wedding.

I am still debating if I'm going to get up and watch it live or just stay up and watch it and then pass out for the rest of the day. Decisions, decisions. But I took some serious razzing from the guys. I guess this means all those hints for a tiara for Mother's Day is not going to get filled.

Pity. But then again, I tend to rule with an iron fist. The tiara would just blind them with all the bling and then they wouldn't see it coming. I'm not even that cruel.

Speaking of cruel, finally realized why all the crazy weeping and crying - turns out aunt flow shows up every month. Who knew? Maybe this time she'll be nicer because I am almost out of Peanut Butter Eggs.

Over the weekend I had to color by hair. To keep the illusion of Sassy - my gray roots need to be kept on top of or it sort of gives it all away. I tried Clairol's new foam stuff. While the color went darker than what I wanted, this has been the best coverage I've had. Totally covered the gray all the way down to my head. Nice N' Easy never did that!

(I'm not being paid for that - just my opinion. Although I am so for sale and can be paid off with coupons.)

I have no idea why I tossed that out there but I could really use some coupons. The price of air is going up. Who can afford to breathe now days? I was glad we ended up eating leftovers for dinner. All I could think was that was another meal saved. I told the guys I don't want to buy a whole lot of stuff next grocery trip. For whatever reason, my FIL likes to raid our pantry. I'm trying not to be honked off about it or to booby-trap the pantry. We are on the countdown to J's b-day which means a trip from the in-laws.

Crickets daring each other to chirp first

This also means that I have to perform some magic trick to feed everyone. Right off the bat Jared picked a meal I KNOW my MIL will not eat. I also know if I don't have something for her to eat, she'll flip. But I also know that no matter what I offer she will refuse to eat it anyway.

Welcome to my hell world.

Just on edge lately. Things haven't been that great. Have to battle with unemployment crap. Hubs is sort of laid off, sort of not as it varies week by week and that screws up the unemployment. We tried to get food assistance 6 months ago and we STILL haven't heard jack from them. No amount of calls, emails, or any type of inquiry has solved the issue. All they tell us is it's pending.

And people wonder why I hate this state.

Toss in the killer man-eating cramps, and it just makes for a festive mood. I know it will all work out but wished it wasn't something that has to get worked out. Good thing I got some back up chocolate.

4 comments:

Debbie said...

My advice - run out and buy some more peanut butter eggs. They're on sale now:)

Joanna said...

Good plan!

Lauren Michelle said...

First of all, I am seriously sorry to hear about the unemployment issue. With all the complaining I do about how my job isn't giving me enough hours, so I really hate to hear what you're going through. It makes me feel like an idiot for complaining.

Secondly, I like how your blog is random. It gives it a nice touch. I mean that's just your blogging personality. Embrace it! :D

Joanna said...

Lauren - life happens and I think some of the surviving IS complaining about it! I know it's going to all pan out. It's just frustrating until we get there. Which I think could apply to anyone's situation.