Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tilt-O-Whirl

It really should be called the vomit comet but I guess that isn't really appealing is it?

It has been crazy busy here! This is the first day where I've had a moment to just breathe. Boys are almost done and will be officially on summer break. The bazerk level is at an all time high right now. I think I've said, "simma down now, simma down" a couple times. When that didn't work I yelled, "try decaf!"

Bugs In My Teeth - annoying her children since the dawn of their existence.

That may have to be a new blog description.

Lot of craziness going on. Our unemployment was suddenly denied and then we got a tax bill from the state that was suppose to be all worked out. Yeah, whatever Michigan - we are so leaving you behind and you're just making it that more easy.

Hubby finished up all of his schooling as of today. The boys are slightly jealous. I told them they could finish off their last 2 biology lessons and be done too - no one volunteered and then they all disappeared.

So now we wait for the letter to say he can now register to take his certification test. He'll let his boss know once he has the date for the test. And then we will really start to freak out.

It's funny when you have a goal and keep pace to reach it and now that it's getting closer, it just seems to amp up all the emotions.

Great! Me - more amped up on emotions, could it get any more fun-tastic? I probably shouldn't even voice that because why, yes! It really CAN get worse.

It has been interesting to say the least. Hubby and I got into a rip roaring fight yesterday and we spent the rest of the evening not talking and then decided at like midnight to hash it all out. It's all good. Got a few things worked out - hopefully. And I think we've just been holding our breath not really wanting to voice all the thoughts floating in our heads. Not fun to only have this itty-bitty nano step and nothing beyond that. That's usually when I'll run into like 10 people and they all give me the what are you gonna do grill and then look at me like I'm a freak for not having it all planned out.

Is it wrong that I silently wish they go through it and then sit back and watch them freak out? Yes? No? How about if I'm eating popcorn and then hand them back all their pat little answers they gave me for what I went through?

Gosh, it is such a huge shock why I don't seem to get along with people too well.

Cricket, cricket

Yeah, I didn't buy it either but hey, work in progress.

But like I said, it's all good in the hood just having to take it one step at a time. Both exciting and scary. Lot of tears, on my end, and waiting...waiting...waiting.....

Did I ever mention a time or 20 I don't like waiting?? I'm sure you are just knocked over with shock at that. Or not.

4 comments:

Kerri said...

Congrats to Fred...wish the other crap (unemployment, etc) would work out too!

Melissa said...

What an exciting time for you! You're right on the verge of starting an amazing new chapter in your life!

Julie said...

Things are maybe starting to look up?! ... Let's hope so!!!

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Joanna said...

Kerri - his boss called yesterday and said he needs to go back on unemployment. Whee.

Melissa - it's both exciting and scary. I think we take turns in total freak out mode.

Julie - I know! There are days I'm a bit skert to actually think maybe we are coming out of the dark scary woods.