Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Bouncing Back

It's been a couple days and I can say thanks to the miracle of Tylenol PM, chocolate, and comforting words - I am on the mend. I'm not bawling constantly and the guilt is lifting. I still catch myself looking out the window for her.

I did send my folks an email. Kept it short and sweet and didn't poke the bear, so to speak. I got a very weird reply from my dad. He said he "finds no fault with you, my daughter." I had to read that a few times and still walked away with the WTF was that all about?? I think my dad responded first to keep my mom from sparking a fuse. I did say not to be rude but I was in no mood to talk to them, that I've been pretty emotional about the whole thing and that was where I was at. Thankfully no further talks of what are you doing for the 4th came up and miracle of all miracles the phone hasn't been ringing. I wasn't going to answer it anyway. After all denial is more than a river in Egypt and I plan on doing back strokes in it for a few weeks.

And there was rejoicing in the land.

Just another hurdle in the sprint of life.

Whee.

1 comments:

Julie said...

I'm glad you're starting to feel a little better. :)

http://scrapgrrl.com/