Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Struck Out

Luckily for me cooler heads came up with a better date for the homeschool used book sale. Past years it was at the end of the month and it was all I could do to keep from passing out from all the bodies crammed into a room and the heat about did me in. So I was very happy for the cooler weather. Hooray!

And that's where the celebrating ended.

Actually there are only a few things I have left to get. Sadly none of what I want to get was at the book sale. Truth be told, I didn't think it would be but you just never know. I did pick up a couple things that got me the "you are a dork" look. I see that look more and more as the days pass. So nice to have teenagers that are there to guide me and tell me that I suck on so many levels. At least they are nicer about it than my mom so I guess this is progress.

I will say that it takes some serious self-control to bob and weave through those lines. You have tons of people digging through books. Not to mention there are usually kids pushing their way through the lines trying to find their moms. If that doesn't make you want to snap than I don't know what will.

Several people commented my lack of list. Last year I did have a list and I was able to snag the science the older boys are going to use this coming fall. I felt smug about that all year. So it was with a sniff that I did not score any deals. The higher the grade level the harder it is to find stuff. Most people there still have kids and are using all the stuff we would be interested in.

Pity.

I have a feeling this was our last time there. If I had a nickel for every time I hear, "we won't be here next year" I could buy a few years worth of curriculum. It was pretty much a wasted trip but I'm not too worried about it. I already had a game plan on what we'll use, just a matter of ordering it and paying for it. Minor detail.

I'll get around to it eventually.

2 comments:

Kerri said...

You are far braver than I. I could not handle all those people. Getting bumped and stuff....UG. I think I would have a meltdown.

Joanna said...

In past years the savings were worth almost meltdown mode. This year it was not.