Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Normally I would say it's just a train coming to squish me but maybe, just maybe, not this time around. I have to credit our good success for all your prayers. Not a bump, everything went smoothly EXCEPT we all had a hard time getting up. But other than that - it was like butter. Or pronounced buh-tah.

I asked everyone what they thought and Nicholas informed me they should be done with everything no later than February. I said if that were the case, I'll order next year's stuff and they can get cracking at it. I then thought about it and asked if they really could do it because that may work out to our advantage. Because I have mention a time or 30 I'm a bit skert of next year's load.

I'm not holding my breath but we shall see. I did find it funny that after cracking the whip on harder stuff last year, they sort of scoffed that's it? I would like to point out that they are slightly cowering in fear about the German that they haven't touched yet. I'll also leave off all the whining, the crying, the boo-hooing that went on last year about how hard everything was. Amazing what a year can do. We shall see. But there was no attitude, everyone got at it and it was music to this tired woman's ears.

Maybe there really is a light that doesn't belong to a train?

In other light news, I can't remember if I blogged about it or just posted it on facebook but the large pig size TV did die and we were stuck with the smaller ye oldie version of a TV. So Hubs got to researching and found that ordering online you can get a larger TV cheaper. Same brand and size but about $200 cheaper and Wal-mart let's you ship it to the nearest store for free. Sign me up!

Then the waiting began.

And we all know what a fan I am of waiting.

Cricket, cricket

I can't even type that with a straight face.

Finally the TV came today. I had no idea I was missing out on all my TV viewing. I'm fully aware I am lacking in the life department as I have none, so TV has sort of taken over for now. I now feel that has gone to a whole new level. I had heard all this hype of HD TV and blah, blah. Who knew something actually delivered on the hype?? Nothing like being behind the times.

That is until I get a smart phone. Which may be in my near future as the home phone is looking like it's going to go buh-bye. I'm sort of in mourning over that. I'm not sure you are aware of this or not but....I can talk.....for hours. I know! You are pinned back into your chair just shocked with this secret.

Although a few of you are laughing so hard you're about to pee.

So I'm not sure how I feel to have limits on how long I can talk. But it doesn't matter because I only talk to 1 person on a regular basis so I don't see it being a problem. The upside - if I have to get a new number AND a new email address....my folks won't be able to get a hold of me.

I will pause as you imagine me hopping around doing a happy dance.

I won't be totally cut off as my in-laws will still be able to hunt us down as I'm friends with my MIL on facebook. Don't.even.get.me.started. Please. I beg of thee. Don't ask.....as it is a long tale of woe that will cause your eyes to roll back into your head. And I don't need that type of guilt right now.

Goodness knows I have plenty as it is.

So in the last shining light sparkly news, Hubby's certification stuff FINALLY came. Dude crushed that test. We knew he passed it but dang! He knocked it out of the park - got a 94%. Now let the job hunting begin!! He would have done the resume stuff tonight but he was too busy hooking up the TV and reconnecting everything. We had to hold Jared's hand through the whole process as he was distraught to see the Wii unplugged. Wasn't sure if he was going to make for a second.

But feeling purty good for a first day. After all these years, it really wasn't that big of a deal. And that is saying something.

0 comments: