Thursday, September 8, 2011

Beef - It's What's For Dinner

It has been a bit crazy around here lately. The guys will never admit it but the routine was missed. Can't say as all the schoolwork was but having to get up and do something has brought back a sigh of relief.

Or maybe that's just from me.

So with all the crazy and the routine hopping around, I hauled out the crock pot and tried something new. I grabbed a 3-4 pound roast and introduced it to some new friends.

Say hello to the new friends.



That Paula Deen sauce is called Sweet Bourbon Glaze. It is so sassy good, I'm pretty sure if you pour it on your head, your tongue will beat your brains out to get to it.

This is one of those accidental recipes. I had a shredded beef sandwich before and I was sort of going for that but had a different recipe but I decided right in the soup aisle that I was just going to toss that thought out the window and see where I landed. And I landed in the bottled sauce aisle where my eyes gazed upon Paula's sweet face.

I am convinced you just can't go wrong with Paula so that is what I went with. Anyone who likes that much butter knows what she is talking about when it comes to the cooking.


I so wish she would adopt me, or be the cool aunt or something where I could just hang out with her. But then I would do something gooberish that only I can do and then she would give me that wide-eyed look of hers that just screams, "honey, you're a bit strange" and back away from me.

But her sauce? To die for. But it does have a kick.

So I had the roast, placed it in crock pot, sprinkled it with Lawry's then dumped the French onion soup and the whole bottle of wonderfulness on top, slammed the lid down and walked away.

I'm not really sure why I added the French Onion but it was part of the original recipe and can you really go wrong with French Onion? I didn't think so.

Hours later....

The smell was wonderful and did the whole Bugs Bunny scent that pulled me in. Probably because it was time to shred the meat. Took 2 forks and went to town. Returned shredded meat to the wonderful sauce and had temp on low and waited for Hubby to get home.

I had some French rolls that I used. Sliced them open, added provolone cheese, and loaded up the goodness. The guys loved it, I loved it, but Jared didn't care for it but that was no surprise. Most nights he doesn't like what I make anyway. I try to make something he does like the following night to balance out when he just stares at his plate. I made meatloaf and the boy was petting it telling it he would love it forever then bit into it. Strange child. Not sure where he got it from.

Crickets stopped chirping to laugh hysterically

Stomped on annoying crickets

Anyhoo, it was pretty good if you can handle the kick and all the sass. Hmm, sounds like someone I know.....ME! Me in a bottle.....with Paula Deen's face on it.......awkward. But maybe that means there is hope for us getting along after all. She can clearly handle sass so maybe I won't freak her out.....too much.

3 comments:

jubilee said...

The Calm One enjoys a bitey meal now and again. I may have to try this one!

Joanna said...

I even did sort of a Arby's cheddar melt with the sauce. Roast beef on an onion bun, melted cheez whiz and Paula's sauce. Yum-o!

Guy Benfield said...

I LOVE this Paula Deen Bourbon Glaze! Just bought 6 bottles of this! I'm glad new Paula Deen stuff is popping up in all of these stores!