Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I Think The Titles Are Messing With Me

Happens every time I go to write a blog post. I have an idea, or not really, and then THE TITLE stares at me and I go blank. Because the title is suppose to sum up this mash of words that is known to all as my ramblings, rants, raves, and/or therapy sessions. How in the heck am I supposed to know what to title this mess? I still don't even know what I'm going to blog about.

I've tried just let the words flow and come up with the title but that has backfired. By the time I'm done with my long winded rant, I'm ready to pass out and start to snore and have weird dreams that involve blogging that make no sense whatsoever.

It's just staring me down. And then I lose my train of thought or it left without me and then I play 1500 rounds of solitaire waiting for it to come back so I can say, "welcome back riders." Long live the Cedar Point memories. Which I find funny since I haven't been there in 20 years.

Dang, that one hurt. I shouldn't put that out there.

So moving right along....

Loaded up the fam and we went and saw the movie Courageous. Oh my. It was really good. I know Christian films get a lot of slack for being cheesy. The only cheese to this movie, I would have to say, was during the shoot out - the sound affects didn't sound right. But it was good. We laughed, we cried, it was a good story.

And I lurv me a good story.

When we were done we went out to Qdoba. I was low on my salsa and guacamole intake because I made a lot of analogies referring to salsa and chips and I wasn't sure why but it felt so right at the time. Go figure.

Saturday Hubby came down with a cold and I spent all night knowing I was getting his germs. I now feel like someone ran over me. They may have even backup just to make sure.

Had a ton of laughs with the guys. We come up with so much inside jokes that it makes no sense to anyone but it will have 1 if not all of us in stitches. I informed the crew that if people were to overhear our conversations they would think we're nuts because we don't even finish the sentence and everyone gets it.

Except my in-laws. And it drives them insane when we do this.

Long pause

So I talked to my cousin and it looks like the 2 of us are going to head out to a Joyce Meyer conference for a weekend. We may, or may not, have screamed like a couple teenagers. Which is sad because she's still close to the teenage years and I am far from it. Far, far, far.....my boys are close to a month from turning 16. 16! I am in complete denial over the whole ordeal. Luckily for me they aren't showing any signs of wanting to drive OR that denial thing is working great for me.

It may be a bit of a toss up.

Whatever.

It's not like we go anywhere so I'm thinking I can delay this for a bit. I have a feeling the blog fodder on that episode is going to take the starch right out of me. I've had a few people tell me I don't look old enough to have kids the age they are - I'm worried teaching them how to drive will age me considerably. First person to ask if they are my grand kids will get popped in the head.

Wonder if I can set up a paypal thing for donations to help pay for my plastic surgery? A reward for surviving should be a new face. You know I'll have this permanent look of terror etched on my face especially when Jared is up to bat. I've watched him on Mario Kart games - we can't convince him to stay off the sidewalks and to stop playing bumper cars.

I THOUGHT I had an agreement with God that the rapture was supposed to happen before any of this driver's training thing but it is looking rather grim. I have a feeling I missed something in the translation. It's all Greek to me.

Thank you! I'll be here all week. Trying not to horph up my lungs. Pretty sure I'll need those.

3 comments:

Julie said...

My Jared isn't quite 14 yet, and he's already talking about driving. Knowing him, he'll be getting his permit as soon as he turns 15. *lol*

http://scrapgrrl.com

jubilee said...

Wow. Driving already? Weren't they just turning 13 not too long ago?

Joanna said...

Julie - I think it's a personality thing. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Jubilee - I KNOW!!!