Monday, November 21, 2011

Why Shucks

The lovely Maggie gave me a lovely bloggy award.




It has been a long time since I've had a blog award and honestly most of my bloggy buddies have stopped blogging. The award is for blogs with under 200 followers. So if you qualify and are a regular peep go ahead and grab it.

It's weird because I had to stop and think how long I've been blogging and when I look at the date I'm thinking dang! Has it really been that long? I've come a long way, I've still got a ways to go, but just chugging along on my crazy train called life.

I've tried to sit down and blog what all has been going on with me and there is just too much to cover. I feel like I'm at a totally different place which is weird because NOTHING is different with our circumstances. Life still sucks to some degree but I'm not in that dark place and I have no idea what I did different to get out of it. But I am ever so grateful. Grateful to feel hope again even though there really isn't any sign of it around. Grateful that I'm feeling joy again even though I can't really say why I do.

So many people have been saying things they are thankful for during this month. I've noticed a lot of people can be thankful for the sunshine but try being thankful in the midst of the storm when the wind is howling and things are just pelted at you left and right. I'm thankful for the storm as it has been in my darkest hour that I've grown the most, that I've discovered I can survive on my own without people holding my hand, and I'm a lot stronger and more capable than I ever give myself credit for. I also appreciate when the sun does shine so much more because guarantee the dark clouds aren't that far off to blow through again, but I can take in the moment and sigh with appreciation. For a long time I couldn't do that.

I guess I'm thankful for this crazy train that still is a rolling and I'm thankful for my InterPeeps that tune in over and over.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Ain't that Maggie something else?!? Love that girl!

I hear you on the being thankful stuff. Right now, for me, it seems things are kinda rough so it's hard for me to be all gracious and thankful for such crap.

But I do know...if it wasn't for all this darkish crap, I wouldn't be able to appreciate the bright spots in life!

Hang in there, sister...you ain't alone!

Joanna said...

Carrie - that last few years have been pretty bleak, dark, and all together one giant suck-hole. And that was on a good day. I've blogged all through it. Toss in my folks are a bit on the insane side and seem to think I have nothing better to do than to play in their drama.

Now that not much has changed, I can say NOTHING lasts forever.

DidiLyn said...

I'm glad you are out of that dark place. Never fun to be there, and I so get you on not knowing what happened to get you out of it. But, regardless, YAY for you!
PS Thanks for the cute puppies comment. :-)
Diane

jubilee said...

So glad the spark of hope has found you. I have been trying to count my blessings and some days it seems pretty tough to come up with something other than what sounds trivial. Other days I want to make a list so that I don't forget anything!

But, God is Good -- All the Time.